Talking Rain Beverage Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Refreshment Specialist"

Current Employee - Refreshment Specialist
    Current Employee - Refreshment Specialist

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule , great work environments and good pay and the company cares about the needs of its employees.

Cons

Disorganized at times and a lot of traveling

2. "Excellent company, innovative & dynamic"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Culture cultivates ideas from all departments & strives to be a leader in the beverage category. TRBC has capitalized on the consumer trends in beverage & the result has been high growth.

Cons

Constantly changing direction on innovation, some successful some not so much. Need to diversify and expand the brand portfolio. Company culture varies by region

Advice to Management

Consider profit sharing or stock options with employees

3. "Public Service Announcement - Stay far, far, away !"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this company

Cons

If you are hired on as a "Sales Rep," you are a glorified stock person. They say that this position is all about building relationships with distributors and managers, but all it entails is going into grocery stores and stocking shelves. You are required to send pictures of all the shelves you stock on a daily basis.

This company is very much a boys club. If you are a woman, I would highly suggest going anywhere (and I mean ANYWHERE) but this company. When you are not stocking shelves, you are building obnoxious displays entailing 250+ cases of disgusting ice water.

The management is a complete joke. From the start, I never had a definitive territory. While interviewing, they give the impression you will have an area relatively close to your home. No, I was driving 2+ hours one way to get one store. When I brought up my concern about the territory, their statement was "You need to fish where the fish are!" Well, had I known that, I would have never taken this position.

My former "manager," and I say that loosely because I hardly spoke with him during my tenure, would email me saying he called me - I never received any calls from him. When I asked him to send me a screen shot of the call log, because clearly there was something wrong with my phone, he would never respond. He never called, he just tried to cover himself and throw me under the bus.

Lastly, you are required to go to the warehouse multiple times per week in what is widely considered an unsafe area of the city. Conveniently, they did not tell me this part in the interview process.

Bottom line, this job is misleading and a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Get real on your job titles

4. "Best Job Yet"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time

Pros

Great job to meet new people!

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Former TR Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great co-workers. The people are what makes TalkingRain.

Cons

Poor Salary Compensation, under qualified managers that has no vision of focus.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting under-qualified individuals.

"One of the best employers within Seattle area - a hidden gem!"

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time

Pros

Fun, entrepreneurial culture
    Autonomy
    Team collaboration
    Great benefits - health insurance premium is 100% covered! Lots of healthy snacks around the office
    Encourage work-life balance and wellness (Classes with personal trainer, gym on-site)
    Growing company with huge opportunity to make an impact at every level

Cons

Still developing processes, but encouraged to participate in the creation of more structure and standards
    Given the rapid growth, there are still resource gaps and you need to be willing to adapt and be flexible with broader roles at times

Advice to Management

Maintain direction to stay focused on our growth pillars. Impressed with leadership's willingness to understand the details, listen to the working team's recommendations, and prioritize projects to ensure everyone is working toward shared goals and key priorities.

7. "Crazy place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Preston, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Preston, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, free drinks, free snacks, small company, friendly, laid back casual atmosphere with a young vibe. Insurance and 401k are on par with most companies.

Cons

This place has a revolving door. I have never seen such high turnover rate. Someone in IT told me there was about 20% turnover rate a year! Salaries are on the low end for most job positions. No work from home. Long commute to Preston, although parking is free. There are a few long time employees that essentially run the company but seem to lack vision. In certain areas there is no room for advancement because the company is so small. Some of the work space is crowded and noisy. I really feel like it's amateur hour here most days. Not very professionally run organization that sometimes takes it self so seriously that nobody actually does take them seriously...

Vacation is 2 weeks per year and it's use it or lose.

Advice to Management

Fix the high turnover rate. So much knowledge is lost every time someone leaves and it just slows down the whole organization. Jack up the pay or some other benefits to make people stick around longer. Allow more flexible work schedules. Apparently the CEO is still stuck in the 1980s where everyone has to be at their desk to be productive. I really wouldn't recommend working here unless you really, really need a job.

8. "Sparkling Ice"

Pros

Innovative company and fosters a great working culture .Successful at collaborating daily and is respectful of other employees .Great benefits and bonus potential .

Cons

Growing fast and may not be able to stay a private company and a potential buyout by is possible .

Advice to Management

Number of emails daily is a deterrent of your daily method of operation.

9. "Merchandiser"

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time

Pros

Freedom to do tasks the way in which you think is best (to a point).

Cons

Weekend work hours. Have to work Saturday or Sunday. Pick your poison.

Advice to Management

Needs to be a lot more continuity between merchandisers for talkingrain and merchandisers of the beverage distribution companies.

10. "Enthusiastic Environment"

Pros

- Lots of autonomy
    - Creative and positive environment
    - Growth and expansion
    - Friendly and helpful employees

Cons

- On boarding is not strong
    - Waste time trying to find out things when some training could solve that