Talking Rain Beverage Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Talking Rain Beverage Company Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2019

Found 78 reviews

3.4
Talking Rain Beverage Company CEO Chris Hall (no image)
Chris Hall

"Dying company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Preston, WA

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

All the Sparkling Ice you can drink.

Cons

HR Completely incompetent. Leadership consistently engaged inappropriate actions and bullying.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2017-11-12

"Dallas"

Current Employee - SIRS in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent form of team work and accountability. I love working with this company and I would recommend to anyone who works with people and impacting people.

Cons

Communication is not always on point.

Advice to Management

N/A

Talking Rain Beverage Company2017-10-04

"Refreshment Specialist"

Current Employee - Refreshment Specialist

Pros

Flexible schedule , great work environments and good pay and the company cares about the needs of its employees.

Cons

Disorganized at times and a lot of traveling

Talking Rain Beverage Company2017-09-18

"Former Disenchanted employee of "Toxic Rain""

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Southeast Newberry, SC

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. Whatsoever. Not one positive thing to say about my tenure there - horrible experience that I would like to forget!

Cons

Management team is ridiculous - every single person on the management team has a hidden agenda (i.e. focused on self-promotion and "CYA" to move up the dysfunctional corporate ladder). This place is a complete JOKE.

Advice to Management

Get a clue! What goes around, comes around....fasten your seat belts boys - it's about to come around! You reap what you sow...enough said.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2017-10-23

"Excellent company, innovative & dynamic"

Sales Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company

Pros

Culture cultivates ideas from all departments & strives to be a leader in the beverage category. TRBC has capitalized on the consumer trends in beverage & the result has been high growth.

Cons

Constantly changing direction on innovation, some successful some not so much. Need to diversify and expand the brand portfolio. Company culture varies by region

Advice to Management

Consider profit sharing or stock options with employees

Talking Rain Beverage Company2017-08-17

"Public Service Announcement - Stay far, far, away !"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this company

Cons

If you are hired on as a "Sales Rep," you are a glorified stock person. They say that this position is all about building relationships with distributors and managers, but all it entails is going into grocery stores and stocking shelves. You are required to send pictures of all the shelves you stock on a daily basis. This company is very much a boys club. If you are a woman, I would highly suggest going... anywhere (and I mean ANYWHERE) but this company. When you are not stocking shelves, you are building obnoxious displays entailing 250+ cases of disgusting ice water. The management is a complete joke. From the start, I never had a definitive territory. While interviewing, they give the impression you will have an area relatively close to your home. No, I was driving 2+ hours one way to get one store. When I brought up my concern about the territory, their statement was "You need to fish where the fish are!" Well, had I known that, I would have never taken this position. My former "manager," and I say that loosely because I hardly spoke with him during my tenure, would email me saying he called me - I never received any calls from him. When I asked him to send me a screen shot of the call log, because clearly there was something wrong with my phone, he would never respond. He never called, he just tried to cover himself and throw me under the bus. Lastly, you are required to go to the warehouse multiple times per week in what is widely considered an unsafe area of the city. Conveniently, they did not tell me this part in the interview process. Bottom line, this job is misleading and a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Get real on your job titles

Talking Rain Beverage Company2017-08-17

"Best Job Yet"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time

Pros

Great job to meet new people!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2017-05-11

"Former TR Employee"

in Renton, WA

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company for less than a year

Pros

Great product, great co-workers. The people are what makes TalkingRain.

Cons

Poor Salary Compensation, under qualified managers that has no vision of focus.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting under-qualified individuals.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-12-27

"One of the best employers within Seattle area - a hidden gem!"

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time

Pros

Fun, entrepreneurial culture Autonomy Team collaboration Great benefits - health insurance premium is 100% covered! Lots of healthy snacks around the office Encourage work-life balance and wellness (Classes with personal trainer, gym on-site) Growing company with huge opportunity to make an impact at every level

Cons

Still developing processes, but encouraged to participate in the creation of more structure and standards Given the rapid growth, there are still resource gaps and you need to be willing to adapt and be flexible with broader roles at times

Advice to Management

Maintain direction to stay focused on our growth pillars. Impressed with leadership's willingness to understand the details, listen to the working team's recommendations, and prioritize projects to ensure everyone is working toward shared goals and key priorities.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-11-19

"Sparkling Ice"

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative company and fosters a great working culture .Successful at collaborating daily and is respectful of other employees .Great benefits and bonus potential .

Cons

Growing fast and may not be able to stay a private company and a potential buyout by is possible .

Advice to Management

Number of emails daily is a deterrent of your daily method of operation.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-10-25