Talking Rain Beverage Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Talking Rain Beverage Company Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2019

Found 78 reviews

3.4
Talking Rain Beverage Company CEO Chris Hall (no image)
Chris Hall

"Enthusiastic Environment"

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company

Pros

- Lots of autonomy - Creative and positive environment - Growth and expansion - Friendly and helpful employees

Cons

- On boarding is not strong - Waste time trying to find out things when some training could solve that

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-10-05
  2. "Merchandiser"

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time

Pros

Freedom to do tasks the way in which you think is best (to a point).

Cons

Weekend work hours. Have to work Saturday or Sunday. Pick your poison.

Advice to Management

Needs to be a lot more continuity between merchandisers for talkingrain and merchandisers of the beverage distribution companies.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-10-06

"National Account Manager"

in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company

Pros

The company is young energetic and growing. The people have been great to work with. The medical benefits are outstanding and the incentive package is fair.

Cons

As an offsite sales employee, it has been hard getting everything up and running. Training for the actual sales job is somewhat non-existent. Relying on peers for information and tips.

Advice to Management

Assign a new employee a partner, which is a peer that can be there go to contact for all information. This can help with forms, protocols and reporting. The company is still new. It feels like a lot of my peers are still feeling their way through it.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-08-25

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Preston, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility and autonomy to implement change--no saying "the way it's always been done." Everyone is really nice and willing to help. Fun, positive culture with lots of events. Lots of responsibility. May not be for everyone, but I love how much responsibility I've been given and how much of an impact I can make. Daunting at times, but a really great opportunity. Really great benefits.

Cons

Some growing pains from the rapid expansion. Always working to hire more employees to account for the increase in workload.

Advice to Management

Keep making sure to hire for the culture, not just the role.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-08-05

"Not the greatest company"

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All the Sparkling ICE you can drink, a good expense reporting system

Cons

Very low pay, especially for field employees, which is the larger part of the organization. The people at HQ seem to enjoy way more perks, as evidenced from other reviews. Terrible HR department, the worst I have seen. Micromanaging managers who never let you make a decision, others in the top heavy management are making this even more Red Bullish (minus the pay) than ever before. Ageism is rampant.

Advice to Management

get your HR in check. Their inability to even do the smallest things from recruitment to on boarding is mind boggling, despite many being in the position for years, YEARS! Managers need to be put in check, the micro managing grows old and tiresome. who wants to work in that environment?

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-05-17

"Low pay, poor organization, but some good people."

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company

Pros

- There are good employees who are genuinely trying their hardest to make everything work - Lots of free lunches, gift cards, carnivals, etc. Talking Rain makes it a priority to have events for their employees to try to make up for the below market compensation package that they offer. - Free Sparkling Ice if you enjoy drinking diet soda.

Cons

- Biggest downside is low pay. They pay well below market on most, if not all of their positions. This leads to the company looking for a lot of younger employees who are happy just to have a job. - High turnover. They have had plenty of issues retaining employees due to their low pay and poor management structure. - Poor organization can often times lead to longer hours worked and discontent amongst... employees. - Aggressive tactics from upper management lead to people looking over their shoulders. - It can be very difficult to get a grasp on the direction of the company and what your purpose is for showing up for work other than to collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Unless you want your company to continue to be a stepping stone, increase your pay and compensation package to make it for enticing for people to stay there rather than look for better opportunities.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-05-10

"Left and then Came Back!"

Current Employee - Customer Marketing in Preston, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and company. Does a great job in rewarding achievements. Ownership/Leadership want people to work hard, have fun and be healthy. I left the company, and then realized what I was missing, and TalkingRain welcomed me back with a great opportunity. Yes, it is demanding, but the size of the company allows one to have influence and make a difference. Another secret perk, TalkingRain incents its employees to... be active, for any race/event you finish, they will reimburse. Additionally, they pay for any TalkingRain team events - basketball, soccer etc. On the business side, they invest many resources and time in developing the future leaders of the company.

Cons

Industry is fast paced, and there is a lot of pressure to remain ahead of the curve. Could be challenging for people who don't fit this type of culture. I personally love it.

Advice to Management

Keep identifying future leaders and investing in them. Continue to focus on building and maintaining the culture of the company - Work hard, be innovative, and be committed to the brand and the people who build it.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-04-13

"Great people, great products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the people, a couple are jaded, but there's overall a great culture, people are comfortable with each other.

Cons

I would prefer to work full time, but that's a personal necessity that's hard to find for some reason

Advice to Management

Thanks for being great!

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-04-07

"Strong Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong leadership, employees feel like they have a say in the company's direction, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Very fast-paced industry... It comes with the territory that work/life balance may be a fine line to walk

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-03-25

"Where you can make an impact!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Preston, WA

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Best part of working at TalkingRain is everyone can make an impact on our business. Everyone here makes an impact and opportunities are all around, it's on us to make something of them. I've worked for TalkingRain for 8+ years, been nothing short of exciting, career changing, and engaging. Highly suggest anyone that wants to make something of their career and be apart of brands that are re-shaping retail, join our... team!

Cons

There is nothing here at TalkingRain that I would classify as a con. Are there challenges, yes! Every company has challenges, how you engage those challenges sets you apart from the rest. Noticed several negative postings, most likely from teammates that could not handle engaging challenges and adapting to a top performing environment.

Advice to Management

Keep driving the business by maintaining the entrepreneurial execution focused mindset. If we continue to lead by example, roll out brands that are 2nd to none, nothing can stop us.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2016-03-17