Talkspace Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Talkspace CEO Oren Frank
Oren Frank

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "One of the big benefits is the opportunity to have flexible hours and work from home" (in 10 reviews)

• "I feel a closer connection with them than I have with many of my face to face clients" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be isolating if you want to work face to face with people but there are online ways to be involved and communicate with colleagues" (in 5 reviews)

• "I believe neither client was well suited for online therapy" (in 7 reviews)

"Good for both clients and therapists alike!"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist
    Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist

I have been working at Talkspace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Clients receive high quality services in a convenient format.
    -Therapists are afforded a lot of support, resources for professional development and consultation opportunities for cases.

Cons

-None to report and I have been providing services on the Talkspace platform for 3 years now!

"Pretty ironic that this is a mental health company"

I worked at Talkspace full-time

Pros

Catered lunch 4X per week.

Cons

Co-founder is nothing more than a grown-up mean girl. There are cliques, blatant body shaming and GOSSIP, GOSSIP, GOSSIP. Don't expect to get ahead unless you're one of the "cool kids" and certainly don't expect hard work to pay off or even be noticed. The fact that this is a mental health company is laughable. I left the office most days for two full years overwhelmed with anxiety and feeling completely down about myself and the trajectory of my career. Stay far away.

Advice to Management

Take a good long look at your female co-founder and really decide if that's the type of person that should be the face of a mental health company. Reward people who work hard, don't just use them up and spit them out. It's not a good look.

"Unethical"

Pros

Schedule flexibility. Helping clients that might not have access to traditional therapy

Cons

Management micromanaged. Has difficult to maintain quotas. Ethically questionable directives

"Growing with some potential"

I have been working at Talkspace full-time

Pros

Working from home, creative ways of working with clients including video chat and video messages, work on my own schedule.

Cons

Therapist Tech support is terrible. Pay is low and their extra fees taken out at the end.

Advice to Management

Talkspace is growing which is great. That said you need better therapist support. The system isn’t fool proof yet. There are often errors that occur across the board. The therapist tech support team seems to rarely understand deeper concerns and or be able to problem solve well. Even when given the information needed to solve the problem. I’m a person under 35 and very tech savvy. Better tech support will help because the problems being highlighted now need to be corrected so that as you go these things don’t continue causing problems.

Aug 20, 2018 – Talkspace

Hello, thank you for your feedback to Talkspace. We know an online platform can be hard to navigate and many technological elements come up along the way. Please know it's our goal to make sure we... More

"Denied Clients with Recourse"

Current Employee - Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Talkspace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initially, I enjoyed TalkSpace. It gave me the opportunity to work with clients along with my full-time job teaching therapy at a local University.

Cons

I received in worked with two clients who were very challenging. I believe neither client was well suited for online therapy. One was tangential I believe had a thought disorder. I asked for help from the TalkSpace staff. When she left, she gave me an unfavorable review. A second time I got a client who was quite narcissistic. Again I reached out for assistance and finally, he left my counsel after a couple of months. He too gave me a poor review. I was talked to by a lovely therapist who had no details of what had happened. Even though I had been successful with many other clients, after his counsel, TalkSpace informed me I would not receive any more clients. I felt disheartened. I have been a therapist for over 20 years and taught therapy to graduate students. There was no recourse. I stopped doing online therapy for a year. After I retired, I began working on another platform, and I feel things are going well.

Advice to Management

Disgruntled clients are a part of therapy. No therapist is going to be a good match for every client. It is an unethical practice to dismiss a therapist because of one or two negative client reports without working with the therapist. If you felt I had acted in an unprofessional manner, review the case with me and give me specific feedback about how I could have done things better.

Aug 20, 2018 – Talkspace

We're sorry to hear you had this experience at Talkspace. As you know, we have a dedicated and designated leadership team within the Talkspace Community available at any time to support therapists... More

"Research What You're Getting Into"

Former Employee - Psychotherapist
    Former Employee - Psychotherapist

I worked at Talkspace (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home.

Cons

They make you jump through so many hoops for weeks, then require a lengthy training-as a licensed and credentialed therapist, why do I need to complete so many hours of this.

The salary is terrible. You might as well work somewhere pleasant for a terrible salary like this. There is no respect for you as a professional.

Advice to Management

Treat your therapists as professionals. Pay something half -way decent. Be upfront about your lengthy process to begin. It took me two months just to get to the beginning of training.

Aug 20, 2018 – Talkspace

We’re sorry to hear you had issues with the training and credentialing process. In order to ensure that our clients are getting the highest quality of care on the Talkspace platform, we rigorously... More

7. "It was a great opportunity to increase practice and improve skills."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, NY

I have been working at Talkspace part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am able to work from home, very reasonable overhead. plenty of supervision, reach people who would not normally receive therapy, due to lack of insurance and, or finances.

Cons

If you are not used to distance learning or proficient with computer in may be challenging.

"Great mission backed by talented people!"

I have been working at Talkspace full-time

Pros

- Beautiful new office
    - Warm, outgoing people with diverse backgrounds
    - Organic culture and chill, but professional vibe
    - Healthy, varied lunches four times a week
    - Approachable leadership who are open to new ideas
    - Excellent learning environment

Cons

- Relatively new, but none thus far!

Apr 17, 2018 – Marketing

We’re so glad that you are having a positive experience with Talkspace. It’s our goal to make sure that we’re fostering a dynamic community. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your... More

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Psychotherapist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Psychotherapist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Talkspace part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love this company! There is a Lot of support available-many veterans available to offer clinical advice, I enjoy the Flexiblility of scheduling clients, Easy to use, I have been impressed at Talkspace's vigorous interview and training process, they are prompt at paying therapists. Very professional company!

Cons

Occasionally the APP has glitches, but the support team gets it fixed quickly

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication with this team. It helps us all to know what our vision for the future is and if we are on track.

Apr 17, 2018 – Marketing

We're so glad that you're having a positive experience at Talkspace and value our training/on-boarding program. It is something we pride ourselves on in cultivating a skilled and diverse therapist... More

"Great place, people, and perks"

Current Employee - In Office in New York, NY
    Current Employee - In Office in New York, NY

I have been working at Talkspace full-time

Pros

- Everyone is really nice and helpful
    - It's an open and casual environment
    - Everyone works really hard!
    - There are catered lunches
    - Everyone believes in the work they're doing

Cons

I don't have any yet!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Apr 17, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. At Talkspace, we strive to make sure we're providing support and benefits that boost our team's development. Thank you for your... More