Tallgrass Energy Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Tallgrass Energy Partners Reviews

0 Rating
  1. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, CO

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time

Pros

Great location and the overall management is extremely good.

Cons

Company is growing at a fast pace, not bad but management has to keep on top of changes.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2019-05-03

"Horribly toxic please run away."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

A paycheck not a single thing else.

Cons

Absolutely the worst place i have ever worked for. Extremely toxic environment. Half my team was against each other and would send passive aggressive emails to the entire group instead of working it out and would dig through tickets to find their teammates faults. My manager did not care in the slightest. The last straw was when i was asked to implement a new protocol on some modems in the field that my lead did not research what so ever. Did exactly what he told me to do and when two sites went down i was thrown under the bus immediately as a new employee. I was told i needed to call the field techs to save us who promptly went ballistic on me despite being informed numerous times of the protocol via email. My lead told my coworker i may need to drive to Nebraska... When i sat down with my manager she informed me that the behavior of the field tech who went berserk was , "normal," and upon further digging i found out it has happened to everyone on my team and was offered little advice. They play favorites heavily and if you ask for a raise you will be punished. My coworker had worked there for over a year and a half as a contractor but when he asked to be hired on and for a raise they said it was ,"out of the budget," despite the company progressing financially each quarter. However i was hired on immediately as a full-time employee despite having similar qualifications right when he hit the year and a half mark. My manager did not take this talk kindly and soon became resentful of my coworker for speaking his mind. However, my other coworker who had spent less than a year with the company was promoted before him despite being less competent at the job in some instances. I found out the employee i replaced was called , "a piece of trash," by hostile co-workers and bullied out of the position. The sad thing was they were paying him roughly 40% less an hour despite doing the same job and despite the entire team having similar pay.The employees in question had no repercussions. They will say the turnover is 1 year but in reality its more likely less than that. My manager has gone through 4+ assistants in a year and a half and the last one quit no call/no show. You will be treated like a busboy in a restaurant with the entry level jobs. I saw many times during change control employees getting chewed out by upper management for something as simple as changing the time in the ticketing system from central to mountain.The way they operate is archaic and despite numerous capabilities to make our jobs easier through things like automation there is always push back; they are stuck in their ways and hate change. The discouragement on employees faces during change control told the entire story. I was told numerous times during the interview process that i would be able to cross train with other teams however this was far from the truth. My manager says she "fights," for our right to train but when asked you will be told you need to reach out on your own. Most people look at you as a nuisance so this is close to impossible. None of this is even remotely exaggerated(sadly) please for your mental health stay away from here.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2019-09-16

"Pay attention to what is “discretionary”"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Availability of 9/80 work schedule if your supervisor allows it Business keeps changing and growing and we don’t get bored Many people have been around since the IPO but they have been leaving

Cons

All parts of compensation are discretionary. Bonuses are based on what the CEO decides they should be every year. this year he decided bonuses and salaries should remain flat. Expect 5-10% for a bonus even if you are higher level management. actual performance does not really matter for bonuses. Stock compensation is discretionary and only for directors and above. 401k match is discretionary. Salaries are below what other oil and gas companies are paying. This is crazy in one of the hottest job markets in the country. And it is not like other aspects of the company make up for the low pay. Blackstone acquired Tallgrass in March for billions. The cash came from debt and Saudi Arabia, and both will require cash out of the company for repayment. I think we all know what will happen to discretionary compensation this year. Blackstone is prohibited from laying off people until spring 2020, but this is not a place to work until after the dust settles and the company gets serious about employee compensation.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2019-04-23

"Lack of Department Support/Poor Working Conditions"

Current Employee - Internal Audit Senior in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and flex schedule. Free Parking along with plenty of places to eat near by.

Cons

I received poor training with their applications to perform the job functions effectively. Poor support from department Manager and other staff personnel.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2019-05-07
  5. "Field Engineer"

Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The coworkers are great, 9-80 schedule is nice, and company wants you to succeed.

Cons

Not enough people for what needs to get done.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2018-12-17

"Tough to recommend"

Pros

401 k match plus the discretionary is great. 9/80 work schedule is nice. Great people to work with.

Cons

Employees participating in a position that requires them to be on call are required to remain within a certain area on their time off, but are not compensated for their personal time being restricted. Health insurance cost to the employees has more than tripled in recent years; the company decided to become a self insurer. Upper management is out of touch with field employees. No raises were given in 2018, health insurance costs increased, bonuses were pointless, reasons sited included increased expenses, however the company had record profits and constantly reports high dividends to shareholders. CEO takes pay in company stock...so....

Tallgrass Energy Partners2018-10-24
  7. "Great place to work for if you’re self directed"

Current Employee - Equipment and Controls Technician in Columbus, OH

Pros

The freedoms you have at the company are beyond comparison. Great work life balance (when you’re not commissioning), great people to work with, flexible schedules, vacation and 401k.

Cons

Little room for advancement, high insurance costs, lack of people results in being on call often, bonuses are minuscule compared to other energy companies, hit or mis annual raises.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2018-10-19

"Good people but tough to recommend"

Pros

The 401(K) match and the health insurance are good benefits, so is the sick time. And co-workers are the reason to come to work every day.

Cons

Tallgrass is not a great work place and this will be an issue in a tight job market. Compensation is not competitive and based on what our CEO told us that won't change. He publicly said to all employees that he “doesn’t believe in” raises so there you go. And annual bonuses won't make up for that since the Tallgrass bonus program is discretionary which means we never know if we will get a bonus even when the company is doing well, and there are no metrics to figure out what amount we might receive if there is one. That is totally out of step with Denver’s other energy companies and other industries. The culture can be tough. Cronyism/nepotism are considered good business at Tallgrass.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2018-07-05

"Stodgy, antiquated mindset"

Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Parking usually isn't a problem

Cons

Risk-averse, paralyzed, paranoid, tightwad culture. Dehaemers has all the charisma of watching paint dry on a wall. Atrocious pay-scale.

Tallgrass Energy Partners2018-06-12

"It analyst"

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time

Pros

Small company, fair pay, growing

Cons

Lots of turnover in IT

Tallgrass Energy Partners2018-05-24

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 32 reviews