Tallgrass Energy Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 1, 2017

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tallgrass Energy Partners President and Chief Executive Officer David G. Dehaemers Jr
David G. Dehaemers Jr

1. "Great company! Great Health Benefits!"

Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong Management team. Unmatched health insurance. Positive work environment.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Its a great company.

"Corporate positions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most positions pay well. Company makes good money, so it is fairly stable. Some good people to work with depending on the department. If you are looking at a position that is located in the field, you will get more respect than working in either one of the corporate offices.

Cons

Managers (in Lakewood office) have a tendency to not listen to their employees. Standards aren't very tight. No training, even though they claim you will get some, on your yearly review. Work life balance isn't equal, it's all about "what have you done for me lately".
    HR doesn't seem to care about the employee, but ANYTHING to help management.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees. Be fair and trust their expertise, that is why you hired them. Take training on how to be a LEADER and not a BOSS.

3. "Safety Manager"

Former Employee - Safety Inspector in Campbellsville, KY
    Former Employee - Safety Inspector in Campbellsville, KY

I worked at Tallgrass Energy Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company and great pay and hours

Cons

Not long hiring for a permanent position

Advice to Management

Look at your contract employees a little closer for employment opportunities

"No ethics"

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time

Pros

The flexibility about where and when you work if something comes up is useful. If you need to work from home time to time because of a sick kid or the Comcast guy, they are pretty understanding.

The amount of work space is nice.

Cons

Your success at TG is based on who you know, not what you know, especially if you know some of the men at the top. It is widely known that some of senior management is grossly under-qualified. "Fitting in" is incredibly important at TG as they do a great job of embodying the practices of an “old boy’s” network.

In addition, there is little room for growth as there are no new positions to move into because the company itself isn't growing and much of the workforce is older and will most likely stay until retirement. The company just spent $100M+ on converting one of their natural gas pipelines to oil. With the oil market looking bleak, this has proved to be an unwise business decision. In my opinion, there's a good chance they will need to raise more capital or end up laying off some of their workforce.

Advice to Management

Start trying to run a company, not a frat house.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Director in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, good people, good management

Cons

Small work force some growth restrictions

"Great Company! Some cons (Human Resources)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Ambitious, hardworking team and everyone effort is appreciated
    Great supervisors
    Positive atmosphere

Cons

HR dept was unprepared and somewhat unprofessional. Poor on-boarding process. Other than that, great place to work!

Advice to Management

Evaluate HR process. This is an important aspect to starting off on the right foot and producing excellent quality of work. HR "blew off" questions and was very unresponsive or proactive.

"IT Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, treat employees well

Cons

Good amount of travel when in IT operations

Advice to Management

Good stuff

"Sr. HR Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Tallgrass Energy; it's the best job I've ever had! My boss is collaborative, fair and sets a very impressive standard for hard work. The team I work with is cooperative, hard working and never afraid to jump in to support the overall department. The benefits are OUTSTANDING and far superior to any other company that I've worked for/with (I've been a benefits administrator for several other companies during my career). The employer's contribution to the 401k and the Executive Management works very diligently to ensure that all of these benefits remain an asset to the employee. I have recommended Tallgrass Energy several times to family and friends and I can't say enough positive things about my job!

Cons

I honestly can't think of much. As with any job, there are little annoyances here and there but they are nothing that lasts long or affect my overall positive perception of my job. Being a newer company, there aren't as many opportunities for advancement as a more established company may have, nor as many resources at times but the work ethic and level of teamwork helps make up for this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I truly believe that most managers have the best interest of their employees in mind when making decisions. I know that this is true for Executive Management as I've seen it first hand.

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Tallgrass Energy Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tallgrass is a great place to work! The employees, management and executives are top notch. They offer amazing benefits and truly care about their employees. I would highly recommend this Company to anyone.

Cons

I can't think of any!

"Poor interview process with HR"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Lakewood, CO

Pros

Job posted with specific qualifications, easy to apply online,

Cons

No follow through, had interview with no further contact. HR director & VP seemed bored & process focused certainly looking for a human computer/ paper pusher asked an age-related question - illegal

Advice to Management

Fair hiring practices, friendliness is a great skill, don't lie to interviewees - when you say you'll follow up - do it!