- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - South San Francisco, CA
- Canada - All Cities
- - British Columbia
- - Vancouver, BC, Canada Area
- - Vancouver, BC
Found 47 of over 48 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "This is by far the most caring and empathetic culture I have ever worked at." (in 10 reviews)
- "Some of the brightest people you'll meet." (in 8 reviews)
- "+Diverse leadership team and board" (in 4 reviews)
- "The company values are a real thing here: they expect you to live all of them (change shoes often, dont say nothing and own the outcome) in order to create an amazing environment to work!" (in 4 reviews)
- "Leadership team is very accessible and they care a lot." (in 3 reviews)
- "Leadership has no idea how to lead the company into the future." (in 8 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 8, 2022 - People Team in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They care about people: members and employees alike
Teams are often not built out to support the workload and things can feel chaotic and messy.
Hello, I really appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience. I hear your point about things feeling chaotic at times - being in growth mode definitely comes with its share of challenges. Thank you for being a part of Tally's story, and for caring deeply about our members and fellow Tallizens. -David, Director of Recruiting
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 3, 2022 - Corporate RecruiterRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've been at Tally for just under a year now and it is one of the most rewarding places I've worked. Everyone is on a mission to help our users get out of debt faster and you can see the direct impact of your work. There is also great communication from leadership and lots of transparency so you really feel like you know what is happening within each department.
start-up fintech so things can change on the fly and priorities can shift
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It’s always energizing to hear that someone is enjoying their time at Tally. Thank you so much for helping to build Tally, and for all that you do to support our candidates! -David, Director of Recruiting
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 29, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everyone here is awesome, the work is broad, and the product is getting better every day.
It's complex work, but it's rewarding.
Hello, Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience. I’m so glad to hear that it’s been a positive one! Looking forward to continuing to help people to be less stressed and better off financially together. -David, Director of Recruiting
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 29, 2022 - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great culture, great benefits and fun activities for employees
Product is confusing so it makes a Customer Support role very difficult
Hello, Thank you for posting about your experience at Tally. I love our culture, and am thrilled that you've had a great experience. I also agree that our product is not straightforward, and am grateful for all of our wonderful Member Success folks who have taken the time learn what we do, and ensure that all of our members are supported. Thank you very much for all that you have done to help our members! -David, Head of Recruiting
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 5, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Interesting and challenging work Very mission-driven company Very strong culture - people treat each other with respect Company strives to do very high-quality work Leadership really cares
Definitely a start-up - lots of changes Lots of inefficiencies Could be better at tracking against goalsContinue reading
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for sharing your experience with our community. I especially love your comment about our culture. I agree - we have a very special group of kind and talented folks here. We are lucky to have people like you helping our users in their financial journey. David Director of Recruiting
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Apr 27, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good company , te yes yes
Nothing big, understaff , yum food
- Current Employee★★★★★Apr 14, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great mission and is clearly connected to the work - Smart and humble people who care deeply about the work with no ego - Emphasis on values
- A lot of technical debt and reliance on 3rd party providers makes it challenging to make progress - Leadership is very involved and wants to be in the details, but don't have all the context anymore. Very collaborative in this way, but can lead to a lot of top-down thrash instead of empowerment - Solid amount of turnover
Thank you for sharing this feedback. I agree with you that Tally has a great culture and that our work processes are a work in progress. That said, we've been able to make many improvements over recent months through feedback like yours. If you're comfortable, please do reach out to me. Would appreciate to get your input on how we can work better together. - Genessa
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 24, 2021 - Director of EngineeringRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The leadership has established a great people first culture and demonstrates this with actions and not just words. Newer leadership bringing in valuable experience and leveling up the team every day. The mission is about helping people pay off their debts and there's a clear commitment to an overwhelmingly positive impact in this space.
Lots of engineering challenges and team needs help to grow and meet ambitious goals. Small company benefits
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I could not agree with you more that Tally has a strong people-first culture where we really live the values. We're in an exciting time with a lot of growth and opportunity. With so many new Tallizens joining and bringing in even more great experiences and insights, amazing things are on the horizon. We're so glad to have you as part of the Tally team! - Cheryl Puzon, Head of People
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 30, 2021 - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Tally is striving the create a better financial tool for the middle and working class. They hope to create a product that will be similar to a full-time accountant, saving our users thousands of dollars each year and with minimal hassle.
Lots of new people coming on board so we are consistently having to train and update processes as the business shifts.Continue reading
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It’s been so inspiring to see all of our Tallizens adapt over this past year and I’m so happy to hear that you have been enjoying our flexible work policy. It’s also been great to see so many wonderful new faces here, and I truly appreciate the Own The Outcome and Change Shoes Often that our team has displayed when helping our newer Tallizens get up to speed. - Cheryl Puzon, Head of People
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Tally has a strong foundation and is filled with good, smart people working on a hard and important problem. Leadership really cares about employees. I'm excited about the future.
Lots of growing pains, especially trying to grow. It can feel. like there are wild swings in decisions.
Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at Tally. We’ve got some really exciting goals ahead and are so grateful for everybody who has been helping to make our members less stressed and better off financially. Thank you for being a part of this journey! - Cheryl Puzon, Head of People
Tally Reviews FAQs
Tally has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 48 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Tally to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
93% of Tally employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tally 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.