Talroo Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Enterprise Sales"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talroo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has done an excellent job hiring the right people to create an extremely strong culture of smart, hard working & fun people. Great technology, leadership, training, continuing education and growth opportunities

Cons

I didn't start working here sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You have found the secret sauce to create a company with a strong work/life balance & given people the tools to be strong in their roles and leaders everyday by creating a culture where Teamwork & Doing the Right Thing are not only the foundation but an everyday occurance!

"Surprised they are still in business"

I have been working at Talroo full-time

Pros

Seems like everyone likes each other which is nice. Free lunches.

Cons

You feel like you are locked into the office with no ability to "run out' even for an errand during lunch. What they sell is strictly traffic and their algorithms do NOT drive relevant results. Totally bogus. This is not a technology company more like a 'slight of hand' company, real sleazy.

Advice to Management

Job Boards are dead so get something new to sell and tend to your social marketing cause it lacks.

"This company creates culture through intentional action"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talroo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Too many to list but here are my top 10:

- Professional and interpersonal growth opportunities at ALL levels
    - Humble leadership team that is empowering, not overpowering
    - Mission-driven and passionate team members
    - We all work in the same space collaboratively, which fuels idea generation
    - Peers and Managers alike are recognized for demonstrating Core Values
    - Very selective in our hiring process, which helps avoid toxic employee issues
    - All insurance premiums paid 100% by company for employees AND dependents
    - Very competitive total comp plus opportunities to earn extra bonus money
    - Beautiful office situated on edge of Texas Hill Country, not concrete jungle
    - Breakfast tacos, snacks, drinks, lunches, and company-paid gym memberships

Cons

If you're considering working here, please consider a few facts about us:

- We are a Values-Based Organization. This means we are very selective and patient in our hiring processes. This may delay filling a much-needed position at times, which forces teammates to handle higher workloads temporarily.

- We pivot, change, shift, improve, and innovate constantly as a company. This is what keeps us successful in this industry. The fast-paced environment may not be what everyone is looking for.

- Parking has been an issue in the past as there are more people in this corporate campus than there are parking spaces at times. However, there is a free valet service and a covered parking garage.

Advice to Management

Continue making decisions based on our Core Values and taking care of your employees. Profits and growth will continue to follow.

"Poorly run Sales Department"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Talroo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of training from the CEO. Free catered lunch. Paid health insurance

Cons

No real sales leadership with any real sales experience. Poor PTO policy.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Direct Employer Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Direct Employer Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talroo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits, free catered lunch. Tons of growth potential.

Cons

Sometimes building the plane as you fly through the air is a bit scary.

"Client Success Analyst"

Former Employee - Client Success Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Client Success Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Talroo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time at Jobs2Careers was overwhelmingly positive; it's a wonderful place to work, especially if you are looking for a startup culture where people are not only passionate and innovative, but also professional and transparent. Management on Client Success is great here--everyone is supportive, clear and focused on developing their direct reports' skills and abilities. I was constantly given more responsibility when I had demonstrated that I was meeting all my performance targets, and I was always rewarded (financially and with verbal/written praise) any time I took on more work or performed exceptionally at the tasks I had been given. It was easy to talk to my team lead and manager about my career trajectory at the company, and there was constant opportunity to try out and take on additional roles and experience as long as I was proactive. Hours are incredibly predictable, and I rarely stayed late--there is a culture of working smarter, not longer. Finally, the actual work itself was quite enjoyable; it was hands-down the most engaging entry-level job I've had, especially because the company is growing quickly, which means there is ample opportunity to wear multiple hats and get involved in unique projects. Highly recommend!

Cons

There is little to no flexibility in working hours, and PTO is very limited-you'll only get 10 days per year as a new employee, which is meant to provide for sick days as well.

Advice to Management

Address your uncompetitive PTO and working hours policies! The company has a lot to look forward to, and you'll retain talent better if you adjust these.

"Good fit for employee with no personalities. Micro-management. Don't apply!"

Former Employee - CSA in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - CSA in Austin, TX

I worked at Talroo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch and snacks
    Company events

Cons

MICRO MANAGEMENT!!! - They require you to turn in daily Status Report on what you did on the day. You have to be specific and include insights. They'll closely monitor you to a point you can't breathe.

9-5 schedule, no exception - the office assistant will monitor who comes in late everyday!

Limited PTO - only 10 days a year and it's accumulated per pay period. Managers asks questions and make you feel pressured to take time off. Time off request will get denied if someone else on the team already requested.

Managers playing favorites - Managers favors people they like the most. Either top performers or people who pleases them.

Management training every 2 weeks - it's useless. They teach you nonsense and just a waste of time.

No career advancement - they will denied your career advancement if you're not the top performer or have been with the company long enough. They will also set impossible goal for you to meet in order to be promoted.

Advice to Management

Please don't micro manage your employees and don't play favorite.

"Data Scientist"

Pros

Great place to work. Lots of intellectual challenges. Benefits are amazing.

Cons

Wish budget for R&D was a bit larger.

"Every day a new day, and to each his own"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

-Great exposure and training - a quick-paced environment, borders on sink-or-swim, but even the tiniest bit of effort will yield attention and coaching from management and opportunity from above.
    -CEO is pretty interactive with the staff - from quarterly updates on business to Management training and the CEO circle competition (cash prize + a weekend or evening activity with Bruce and his family and yours!) to 1:1 with employees to help them grow into not only better employees at J2C, but better people all around.
    -Fun culture - quarterly team events (think TopGolf happy hours, ziplining); catered lunch daily; great coworkers, gossip was at a minimum, cliques were non-existant
    -Social Ambassador program to integrate new hires
    -Ability to move/promote around, up or over, across departments in some cases.
    -Full coverage of premiums for health, dental and vision insurance for you and your family
    -Contribute to 401k with or without your personal investment

I do recommend J2C as a great place for entry-level people - a great learning environment and will well prepare you for the next step. Maintain a positive attitude (ie don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!) and you could really see a long career here. A fun place to learn a LOT!

Cons

My experience is very different from others - I had a great time, a great working relationship with my peers and managers, but some people simply do not have that. And there's no telling when you start, which experience you'll have - some signs could be present in the interview/hiring process, so make sure you ask questions about your career path, if you're interested, to see what response you get - and also, don't be afraid to ask some hard-hitting questions (think about when you're an employee and you'll need to ask your manager for permission/forgiveness....) so you can see what the reaction is - is it supportive, collaborative, inquisitive, or is it defensive, condescending, and borderline insulting? YOU COULD GET EITHER ONE, depending on who you're talking to and also from the same person depending on how their morning went - if you can chat with folks more than once before deciding on employment, you will be able to make a more educated decision about who you'll be working for/with and then mentally prepare yourself. Don't buy in to the idea that you were fooled or duped - it's your job to uncover whether this is the right job for you as much as they're deciding if you're right for this company.... don't forget that.

-Micromanagement, from the very top all the way down
    -Strict office hours with very limited flexibility (never mind the guilt trips if you did have to arrive late or leave early...)
    -Some managers are very aggressive/abrasive and are so in front of other employees
    -Future of company (product map) is unclear - appear to be disagreements in upper management in which direction to take the company.
    -Compared to industry, pay is below average, and as a start up, work load is above average
    -Some great employees are often overlooked for advancement opportunities in favor of shiny, new outside people
    -Not responsive to new generation's drive to advance quickly, and to also not stay stagnant; career ladders are more like an over-bearing parent knowing where you're going to work after the grad school and undergrad they picked, all when you're only 5 years old... not encouraging or taking an interest in the individual employee and what they WANT to do in the future, even if that's another department or completely new skill set
    -Managers with mood swings that can rattle the whole office

Advice to Management

-Listen to your employees - even (or maybe especially) the new ones.... Telling them to wait on good ideas until they understand how "we" do it sends a weird message - do you want them to tell you, or are you too proud to ever listen? Then why wait?

-Keep up the idea that investing in your people is an investment in your company - and not by buying them stuff, but by asking them what they want/need - maybe some would forego a monetary bonus for an extra day off (even though they could take the bonus, and the day off unpaid, and it's the same thing, it doesn't FEEL like the same thing) - a choice in how people would like to be recognized could save you a lot of money and time

-Respect and trust your people - your hiring process is thorough, your training is great, let people be adults - if there's a performance or behavior issue address it, and let those without be.

-Don't fight with each other in ear shot of employees, and don't talk down about the other managers' opinions or ideas to employees. ("He thinks we should do that, sheesh, obviously we need to do this...")

-Respect different kinds of learners and workers in the space: some are visual, some are auditory, some are hands-on; some are extroverted, some are introverted - if you want the best out of each hire, learn about who they are, and what they need to be most productive - don't stick an introvert in the middle of an open floor plan and expect 100%....

-don't treat Remote employees like outcasts or like they did something wrong - figure out your technology issues, respect that you hired them for a reason (industry experience, reputation, work ethic) and let them be -- and implying you don't trust them implies you don't trust anyone.

-keep up inter-departmental activities - either work-related or extra-curricular - you need people across departments to share their experiences and help each other. If the work force becomes segregated you'll have to fight 5 battles instead of maybe just 1 that could work itself out....

"Honestly? I LOVE MY JOB"

Current Employee - Client Services Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talroo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jobs2Careers has a fun, high-octane and hardworking environment. One of the best parts of working at J2C is the people. Everyone is intelligent, easy-going, and eager to help others grow to be successful. We have a very diverse group and one of the best parts of the day is eating lunch together and getting to know one another better.

Managers want to see you succeed and will praise you for a job well done if you go the extra mile. They actually listen to your ideas and will give you feedback on implementation. It is impressive how many ideas come directly from regular employees and are put into action.

Executives are transparent and will give regular updates on the business - both positive and negative. You will interact with them regularly. The CEO also gives management trainings focusing on important management topics in order to grow managers from within the company.

If you would like to grow in your personal development of knowledge and skills outside of your job description, you are encouraged to do so (If it will also benefit Jobs2Careers). Fellow co-workers may be the ones to help you grow in these areas as well if they are willing to help. There is also opportunity to move horizontally or vertically once you develop skills and prove yourself.

J2C is adaptable and constantly changing. If you do not like change, don't work for Jobs2Careers. This is one of my favorite parts because it always keeps things interesting and it gives me a very positive outlook for the future of this company.

I enjoy the work that I do every day. I can directly tie personal success in my role to success of the company. You can make an impact!

Perks
    - Free catered lunch from some of the best places in Austin
    - 20 minute break (Tea Time) at 3:30 every day
    - Monthly health insurance is covered
    - Great office space (coffee bar, lunch room with food always available, great view)
    - Scooters!

Cons

Not the most competitive PTO/work hours. Hours are a strict 9:00-5:30 which is meant to help the company be efficient by having everyone in the office at the same time. Working from home is never an option - you will have to take PTO.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! The company is adaptable and changes quickly which is one of our strengths. We are nimble because of management's quick decision making. Continue to listen to employees ideas and reward them regularly. They see opportunities to improve the business as well as fix issues.

Since J2C is growing so quickly, start to standardize more processes in order to be on the same page with one another. It will be difficult to remain agile with adding standardized processes but it can be done with thoughtful planning.