Tampa Bay Lightning Tampa Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2020

4.4
Tampa Bay Lightning Chief Executive Officer Steve Griggs (no image)
Steve Griggs
  1. "World Class Organization"

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Tampa Bay Lightning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, exciting atmosphere and opportunities to grow. Tremendous ownership and leadership.

Cons

Not a traditional 9-5 job, requires night and weekends

2. "Best Place to Work"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Tampa Bay Lightning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Community impact, exciting environment, employees are treated very well

Cons

Working in event industry - long nights, holiday hours

3. "Loved Working Here"

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Tampa Bay Lightning for more than a year

Pros

Good Culture all around in the office

Cons

Nothing really, good all around

4. "Great environment, friendly co-workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Tampa Bay Lightning part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work in Amalie Arena Friendly co-workers Everyone feels "equal" Supportive staff and colleagues

Cons

It can be cold sometimes! Not really a con though!

5. "Facilities engineering manager $55k-$65k"

2.0
    Former Employee - Facilities Engineering Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Tampa Bay Lightning full-time for less than a year

Pros

You meet some cool people, and this could be the perfect job! If your passive and just want to make a schedule and not hold your employees accountable then this is the place for you! Great lunch buffet three times a week. If your a Lightning fan the perks are awesome! They will pay you $65k!

Cons

There is no safety culture, they are not in compliance with OSHA standards! Employees are stealing company tools....The culture is terrible, there are employees who have been employed there for a long time. These employees think their untouchable and have been able to do what they want when they want! When you hold them accountable they come together and Fabricate lies about you to HR. Then HR doesn’t even talk to the accuser rather they make a decision with out hearing both sides of the story. This culture appears to get enforced from the top down! There are some good people working there, but without the backing of management you’ll never change the culture. It’s the inmates are running the asylum mentally! They are taking on several new buildings with no new full time employees, so scheduling is challenging. Employees aren’t quick to respond to direction but quick to run out the door at quitting time. There are just some vindictive ugly humans that have ran off several managers! So if you want to collect your money and let the status quo continue...by all means this is the job for you, but if you are brought in to change the culture. Buyer beware!

Continue reading
  6. "Tough place to get excited about."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Tampa Bay Lightning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to be in sports and a great city

Cons

No appreciation for hard work. The leadership is so cliquy and changes directions too frequently. Kissing up is more important that hard work.

Continue reading
  7. "Spoils you for working for any other Tampa Bay teams"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Tampa Bay Lightning part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is exceptional. Depending upon where you are assigned to park (but most everyone) gets bussed from your parking garage to Amalie Arena. The bus has A/C, cup holders, and comfy seats. So much better (and safer) than other places in which you must walk long distances in the dark to your car alone. My manager/supervisor was extremely conscientious about making sure we are happy and not feeling unwelcome or uncomfortable when you are the new person. If you really care about your customers or guests having a great experience you will be appreciated - no question. Best place I've worked hands down!

Cons

I can't think of anything.

8. "BEST FIRST INTERNSHIP EVER!"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Tampa, FL

I worked at Tampa Bay Lightning for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment and culture! So many benefits and perks.

Cons

Busy schedule. Game nights and concerts/events. Not really a Con.

"Can't imagine working anywhere else"

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Tampa Bay Lightning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is great and easy to get along with. There are tons of benefits to working full-time. Great all you can eat buffet 3 days a week at work. Periodic chair massages. Employee engagement activities such as field day, costume contests (halloween), lightning spirit casual days, pie eating contest, etc. Get to witness tons of amazing events firsthand and play a role in their production. My boss actually listens to me and we get along great, better than any boss I've ever had. Budget to make things happen. Free dental, vision insurance. Health insurance is very cheap and effective. 401k plan is very good. Reimbursement for personal gym memberships. Free playoff tickets for every playoff game?! Free schwag quite often. Free game tickets when they're available. Discounted concert/game tickets. Excellent work/life balance, very high rate of gain on vacation days. Vacation days are separate from sick days. Free short-term disability. Random catering from our partners in food, such as Chick-Fil-a. Can voluntarily work and witness any concert or event I choose, though just for work. Part of a great team that believes in a one team mentality, if you need anything done from any other department for any reason that department will help you out. In my position I am privileged to provide assistance with every department in the building when they need it, and I get along with all of them well and feel very appreciated. I universally enjoy every single person that works at this company. I don't know many of the part-timers (who only work games) but they all seem pleasurable as well and committed to providing world class + service to our guests. Where was I.. Employee training that can take your level of service to the next level. Seeing famous people every other day. Yearly raises. Bonuses if the team takes the cup or makes it to finals. Employees are rewarded for good work on certain events, such as happy hour for the All-Star game. Stunning Christmas party every year. Lots of celebrations. Management and HR will listen to your concerns and act on them. I get along amazingly with everyone in my department especially. People can understand my sometimes over-the-top sense of humor. Pay is what you'd expect for my position but raises will push me beyond that. Management all communicates well with each other and keeps employees updated. There are no unexpected surprises at the Lightning because everything gets told to us when we should be told.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement in my department but that is typical of IT departments, few layers are present in an organization with fewer than 10,000 employees. It can be difficult to get a full-time position. I know some people that have been part-timers for quite a long time and they won't be upgraded to full-time due to budgeting restraints on personnel. I was fortunate

Continue reading
  10. "Greatest job I’ve ever had"

Current Employee - Loge Server in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Tampa Bay Lightning part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything from top to bottom

Cons

Nothing at all it’s the best

Found 25 reviews