Found 58 of over 65 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and top management is on the ball." (in 10 reviews)
- "Great culture." (in 5 reviews)
- "Good management" (in 3 reviews)
- "Company culture is awesome." (in 3 reviews)
- "There is a lot of trust, responsibility, and honesty in the engineering team which allows effective communication and fast valuable feature delivery." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Disability
This rating reflects the overall rating of Tamr and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Sep 12, 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCambridge, MA
Great people and top management is on the ball.
There is a lot going on and sometimes it is hard to focus.1
- 2.0Aug 25, 2023SalesFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCambridge, MA
Great technology for on premises Very good engineers
SaaS offering is not ready but is being forced Product leadership team very bad at communicating product direction No loyalty to employees Tone deaf executives Does not honor bonus commitments2Tamr Response4mo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Tamr. We appreciate your positive remarks on our technology and the quality of our engineering team. Both are aspects we're very proud of. We are aware that there were areas where we could improve and we take your feedback seriously. SaaS Offering: We acknowledge that transitioning to a SaaS model presents unique challenges. As you know the SaaS offering has advanced significantly in the past few months, and we expect the rapid improvements to continue. Communication: Your point about the need for better communication from the product leadership team is well taken. A core value of Tamrs is transparent communication. We aim to make decisions that are in the best interest of both our employees and our company. Your feedback indicates that we need to work on the way those decisions are communicated and executed. Employee Loyalty: We regret that you felt there was a lack of loyalty to employees. We are a high performance team, and we are fiercely loyal to Tamrs both those who work here and those who no longer do. We actively tap our network for opportunities, act as references, and support Tamrs long-term career ambitions. We are committed to improving and we appreciate your insights which help us understand where we need to focus our efforts.
- 3.0May 22, 2023Marketing AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBoston, MA
The leadership team keeps saying that this will be Tamr's year but those predictions never come true. There's a strong vision for what the company wants to become, but, after being around for over a decade, making that vision a reality still seems distant. Tamr feels like a rocket with potential but instead of soaring, it coasts along at a steady altitude. I'm doubting Tamr will ever soar and that's a problem as competitors like Reltio improve their technology. And given the massive layoffs a few weeks ago (including the entire sales team), I doubt 2023 will be Tamr's year either.
Sales never seem to close, customer churn. low morale after layoffs, new sales leaders needs time to ramp up, constantly changing GTM and product strategy.1
- 4.0May 12, 2023Data EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
Good to get solid experience. People are overall very genuine
Entity resolution space is very narrow and market cap is not as interesting as other data solutions providers. The company hasn't seen much growth for last few years and not sure where it's headed.2
- 3.0May 1, 2023SalesCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Company has a strong Marketing program to generate top of funnel Strong sales leadership
Product is technically challenging to sell1
- 3.0Dec 13, 2022Sales EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great people to work with, interesting product, small company (agile)
Leadership is very stubborn and has been consistent to not change strategy when something isn't working, product is hard to sell, product development is slow, customer churn is high, no career development, employee turnover is high, equity is laughable6
- 1.0Feb 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
None to mention . Re think working here
Culture is phony and far from authentic, Internal communications is not strong. Company has no direction whatsoever. The product is a complete disaster. Non stop layoffs8
- 2.0Dec 22, 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBoston, MA
Flexible working environment Good people Fast paced
Micromanagement tendencies in most teams with severe panic built by management4
- 4.0Oct 3, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
* Lots of learning scope * exposure to a great tech stack since the company is small and you are pretty much touching everything in your area * decent pay
* no yearly bonus, sign in bonus or great increments1
Tamr Reviews FAQs
Tamr has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 65 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Tamr to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
60% of Tamr employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tamr 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.