Tandem Diabetes Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2021

3.9
Tandem Diabetes President and Chief Executive Officer John  Sheridan (no image)
John Sheridan
Pros
  • "Culture is very welcoming and laid back(in 7 reviews)

• "Good benefits, casual work environment, people expected to communicate professionally(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance is poor at best(in 4 reviews)

• "Wasn't a lot of room for growth in my role(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

salary

Jun 2, 2021 - Sales Specialist in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people great management, supervisor online and great training

Cons

na nothing i can think of

Company Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us!

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awful

Jun 6, 2021 - Customer Technical Support in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only reason I have stayed is because of the stock options and health insurance.

Cons

We are not paid enough for what we do.

Continue reading

Company Administrator

We're so sorry to hear that you feel this way in your current position. Your experience is extremely important to us. This feedback has been documented and shared with our HR team, who will be able to address this further. We hope we can help make your experience a better one.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

May 31, 2021 - Technical Support in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, warm positive work culture to

Cons

Retirement could be better in some ways

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

May 10, 2021 - Software Tester in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They ensure you're well trained and continuously check in regarding how you're doing and how you want to improve as an employee.

Cons

There is a lot going on at all times, can be overwhelming at times.

Company Administrator

We're so glad to have you as a part of the Tandem Team! Thank you for leaving us this feedback. We will be sure that this gets passed along to the proper management team.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Positive and transparent leadership, with wonderful customers.

Mar 20, 2021 - Territory Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tandem Diabetes Care, has the most advanced insulin pump on the market. Management is reasonable will listen to their field employees. Many growth opportunities within the company. Positive fun work culture remains even as the company continues to see massive growth. Company remains to be very understanding of Covid and the challenges it provided to the field employees.

Cons

Need a cleaner, faster customer data base system. Pump processing is a big part of the TM's job, which is not the best use of our sale's team time and abilities. Growing pains are real, inside team processing time and communication to new customers processing for a pump needs major improvements.

Company Administrator

Thank you for this feedback regarding our customer database system. We can understand your feelings about this and will be sure that this is shared with the proper teams for consideration. We really appreciate all that you do!!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Treats Customers and Employees like Family

May 1, 2021 - Customer Technical Support Specialist in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Track employee performance with explicit numbers, friendly staff, comfortable buildings, high quality product, given the tools and permission to help customers

Cons

Track employee performance with explicit numbers, medical product causes more restrictions and paperwork

Company Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We will be sure that this gets passed along to the correct Leadership teams. We appreciate all that you do and are honored to have you as a part of the Tandem family!

7. 2.0

Meh

May 27, 2021 - Technical Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with were really great

Cons

The management did not seem to care and were just looking out for their next promotion.

Company Administrator

We're sorry to hear that you felt this way about management. Your feedback is important to us and will be passed along to our HR team for further addressing.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good job, if you can make it through training

Feb 21, 2021 - Customer Service/Technical Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, most people seem to like their jobs, good culture. Most of the issues you'd help customers with seemed simple and repetitive, so once you get used to it, it gets easier.

Cons

I started during the pandemic and was working remotely, so maybe in-person training is better. However, I really struggled with training. MOST of it was independent, as in you'd watch videos or read about the product and then circle back to the group later. I had a very difficult time grasping a lot of the information, and felt like a lot of the training was out of order. We were put on the phones very quickly and I really wasn't comfortable taking calls yet, BUT we did have an experienced employee on the call with us and messaging us help if we needed it. My advice is just realize that you aren't going to know everything in training and try to power through. If you make it through that anxious feeling and give yourself more time to really get the hang of it, it's a good job. Also, I was hired through a staffing agency who gave me completely incorrect information regarding the schedule (which ultimately lead to me having to leave). I don't know if it was Tandems fault, or the employment agencies, but I was told I'd have once schedule after training and then was given a completely different schedule. Tandem said it was the agency, the agency said it was Tandem. Regardless, as a single parent, that's a huge deal and caused a lot of stress that could've been avoided if everyone was on the same page.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful

Company Administrator

We appreciate the time and thought you put into this review. Your feedback has been documented with our HR team, who will be able to address this with the correct team members in Technical Support. We can understand your frustrations regarding the need for more time training and the need for clearer communication regarding schedules. This will all be taken into consideration. Thank you for the time you spent with our team.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pros/Cons

Apr 6, 2021 - Complaint Management Specialist in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can fully work remote with tech provided by the company so you don't have to be based where the company's located. Flexible hrs for a M-F job.

Cons

Have had to deal with quite a bit of overtime to the point that it doesn't seem to be worth the salary anymore.

Company Administrator

Thank you for your review! We understand your thoughts regarding overtime and will be sure that this is passed along to our team leaders.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Apr 2, 2021 - Pump Therapy Sales in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tandem is a really good company to work for, there is a lot of opportunities and support. The company is growing rapidly and the pay is good overall!

Cons

Overall everything is good, sometimes the work can be repetitive and you might have to do overtime to catch up on everything

Company Administrator

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for being a part of the Tandem family.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Reviews