Tandem Diabetes "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Tandem Diabetes Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 15, 2016

3.7
Tandem Diabetes CEO John  Sheridan (no image)
John Sheridan
Pros
  • "Good benefits, casual work environment, people expected to communicate professionally(in 7 reviews)

• "Culture is very welcoming and laid back(in 7 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Proceed with Caution"

QMS in San Diego, CA

I worked at Tandem Diabetes

Pros

Great benefits. Co-workers, were all great.

Cons

No work life balance. No matter how many people complained of work loads nothing was ever done. Most everyone in the department worked over the weekends to keep up with their work load. Being a salary employee there's no additional compensation for the extra time everyone was working during the week and weekends. Management and supervisor lack leadership skills. Special projects given to their "favorites" with less... experience that the more senior employees.

Advice to Management

To upper management/HR - train those that will lead or hire experienced managers.

Tandem Diabetes2016-12-10

"No Work/Life balance and favoritism at its best, Don't lie with false reviews!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA

I worked at Tandem Diabetes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits, culture but they make sure you pay for these.

Cons

Don't believe the comments when it says there is work/Life balance, IT IS A LIE! Ever since I left Tandem and with my new employer, I have the time to come home on time, cook a meal and spend time with my family. I even know of several people that have left Tandem with severe health issue due to the stress they had while working here (their hair falling off, gaining extreme weight, stress syndromes confirmed by... their doctors being work related) some of them development debilitating stress related syndrome for God sakes!, to a point were some of them have thought of suing the company. I hope this review helps other people avoid thinking in getting a job here, pay is good but your physical and mental health is everything!

Advice to Management

None, many of us spoke and spoke to management about the deficiencies and we're ever told "we will work on it, we'll fix it" but nothing was done. Stay in complacencyland!

Tandem Diabetes2016-12-15

"Proceed With Caution"

I worked at Tandem Diabetes

Pros

Salary is fair for the market and location Company provided benefits are good and in some cases better than other local companies. The company is expanding and growing quickly.

Cons

Work/life balance is poor at best. Tension between departments makes for some uncomfortable and undesirable working conditions from time to time.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Be honest and speak the truth not what you want people to believe. Stop the building of individual departmental empires and get everyone working together.

Tandem Diabetes2016-10-23
  4. "Work Environment"

I have been working at Tandem Diabetes full-time

Pros

Great Product, Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, Great employees

Cons

Pay is inadequate for work expected. No work life balance. Too much focus on the bottom line ($). Unbalanced workload.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees. Without them, what would you do?

Tandem Diabetes2015-12-27