Cover image for Tanga.com

84% Recommend to a Friend

Found 28 of over 28 reviews

4.2

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Awesome people!(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fostering growth

Dec 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They took me in and taught me tons of new skills, and enhanced my current skills. Worked on some exciting projects and was able to experiment on new things. I will always be grateful to Tanga for this.

Cons

Bad management that costed the whole company.

2. 5.0

Cool People, Fast Pace and Hard Work

Jul 23, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of cool people work there and the atmosphere is light and fun. The higher ups seem to have a great vision for the company and they make sure to communicate what is happening and what goals the company has. Whenever we hit our goals, they throw a company party and reward employees with regular giveaways, and acknowledge hard workers. Free sodas in the fridge; kinda cool. Be ready to earn the "perks" though. Company is growing super fast with no end in sight and there is a ton of work to do. I've never worked harder. Management likes to promote from within. I've worked here for a bit over a year and the company has doubled in size and I've seen many people get promoted. If you work hard, you'll be noticed

Cons

Not sure if this is a con, but I wasn't kidding about the hard work. If you're looking to loaf around and collect a check, first off you probably won't be hired, but if you somehow make the cut, you won't last. Like I mentioned, I've never worked harder. Everyone around here wears multiple hats and contributes where they can. I find it challenging, but you're expected to contribute. You won't find the "corporate cubicle/punch-a-time-clock" attitude here

3. Join the Tanga.com team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Fun with upside

May 14, 2017 - Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have done a great job taking things I'm interested in and letting me work on them as part of my job. I feel like if you work hard they do a great job taking care of you. I have been fortunate enough to of been promoted a few times already into roles that didn't even exist when I started. The events during work hours are fun too. It's exciting to work in such a technology advanced field (internet and software) that is going to be around for a while. I feel good that the work I do and being in we ecommerce will translate to many opportunities for decades to come.

Cons

Due to the company's fast pace and need to constantly adapt to how fast the Internet changes, if you are the type of person that likes the same old same old every single day and a set path for the next ten years this may not be the place for you. Also, expect to put in a little more work around the holidays.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to learn e-commerce.

Sep 2, 2014 - Publishing Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot to learn about e-commerce. Tanga is a great place to get a jump start on the industry. Over my personal career with the company, I have moved through three different positions in just under a year, learning different systems and processes with each title. Lots of room for advancement. One of the best advantages of Tanga is that if you find a job you can do, and do well, they need to keep you around, as their system has its own quirks and processes that can take time to master. That said, nobody is irreplaceable. The environment is fun and friendly, with almost no drama. There are inside jokes everywhere; people aren't afraid to get goofy. Lastly, there's no traditional "corporate" mindset. Every individual is allowed, and encouraged, to innovate. No cubicles or administrative vultures. Company works around school schedules.

Cons

Expect to work a lot and put in far more hours than whatever was "agreed" upon. Probably a downside to most small companies; things simply need to be done. There's really no 'it's not my shift" excuse when a task comes up.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Challenging, Unique, and Fulfilling

Jul 16, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You feel important. This in of itself is the biggest pro for me working at a small company. Your roles are defined, dynamic, and rewarding. You play an integral role and feel as though YOU are making a difference to the overall betterment of the company. The CEO makes direction clear and attainable while pushing you to try your hardest. Management is excellent at retaining core values of the company and offers incentives in quirky and fun ways to keep morale at a high. Management encourages and nurtures individuality and recognizes those who step up to the plate. Coworkers and office culture is second to none, with everyone feeling like a friend or a long time neighbor. Very little in the way of office politics and problems that can't be worked out. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. Office wide events are held often. With all of these wrapped into one, this has made for the best company I've ever been privileged to work for.

Cons

There are very few that I can think of that would even merit labeling as a "con". The only might be the balance of work/life come Christmas time as things get very busy but that is what is to be expected of any retail job (online or not). A lot of work goes into Q4 but you are rewarded handsomely for your efforts.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Nurturing Company Where You Are the CEO of Your Work, and Play Hard, Too

Mar 2, 2016 - Publisher in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every day I go to work happy. Tanga is a challenging, nurturing, supportive and dynamic place to build a career, and if you are empowered by the chance to own your work, you've hit a jack pot. Everyone here is treated as a CEO of his or her position, which means that you have all the flexibility, can come up with and own any number of projects parallel to your main line of work, brainstorm with anyone, express your ideas and have them heard, and be as successful as you can possibly be. I am expected and trusted to overachieve, and it is empowering. There is no drama; amazing support comes your way from everyone at the office. There is almost no vertical chain of command, and top management is extremely approacheable and supportive. Can-do proactive attitude is a must, because sparks fly all the time. Also, lot's of fun and internal jokes going around at all times, so I'd say a good sense of humor is required to work here.

Cons

No cons, but rather lots of opportunities and so much to do and grow that sometimes there is just not enough time and people to handle everything.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Career Growth Opportunities Abound, and an Amazingly Fun and Quirky Culture to Boot.

Jul 21, 2014 - Accounting Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Think about why so much talent is attracted to Silicon Valley. A few key reasons have to do with amazing talent-rentention best practices... Incredibly flexible PTO policy. No policing or crazy accrual calculations, just the flexibility to take care of home, so long as you're taking care of business at the same time. Awesome Culture. Great company outings, a fun young group of talented people, and the ability to carve out your own destiny are just a few great culture points I would mention.

Cons

The only Con I could think of would be that the office is physically located in Chandler. Personally, I enjoy the energy of a Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, or Scottsdale provides. I am able to telecommute and work from those places as I wish to though, so I guess this Con really just ends up highlighting another Pro!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Most satisfying job of mylife

Jul 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The executive team does a nice job of sharing the company vision in a clear way, and it's easy to understand where each employee fits. They do fun and quirky things to keep things light, but more important, staff is empowered to do their job. There's no micromanaging going on here. I feel trusted to do my job and regularly get pats on the back for a job well done. It's nice to feel appreciated. Being part of a small company that is growing is rewarding as well. Everything I do makes a difference to this company. I've been in other larger organizations, or startups that were sinking, and felt a desperate futility in my work. I got to Tanga at a great time to ride an upward wave and be part of creating something cool. And the people are just fun, cool people. Love my co-workers and the company culture.

Cons

Since this has been the most satisfying job of my career, I'm pressed to come up with cons. However, we have a small office space (building out new, larger space now) so quarters can be tight.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for by far.

May 24, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fun, friendly, family-like culture. -Casual dress code -All employees act as one big team. No bureaucracy/red-tape. -Amazing management. Great people, super smart. -Lots of growth and opportunities. -They truly care about employees personally and professionally. Very loyal. Flexible hours. -Dynamic, progressive, outside the box- it's never boring. -Surprise bonuses and all-expense paid trip to Disneyland for employees and their families outta nowhere. -Customers and vendors love working with Tanga. Makes everyone's jobs easier and more enjoyable. -About to move into a brand new building that looks like a fun, hip Silicon Valley office on the inside!

Cons

-Things get busier starting Black Friday until a few days before Christmas, but that's typical in e-commerce. -Higher level managers go to exotic tropical offsite locations for strategic management meetings. Jealous!

11. 5.0

Exciting place to work

Nov 24, 2014 - Director of Operations in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Along with pursuing corporate vision and goals, I appreciate the level of empowerment afforded me. It is an environment where you never have to be afraid to show your individuality, yet you always have the support of the team. I appreciate the flexible time off policies and the supportive nature and trust demonstrated by the organization.

Cons

As with any company going through a tremendous growth spurt there are always growing pains, but there is nothing worth noting as a con.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews