Tango "free food" Reviews | Glassdoor

Tango Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated May 15, 2016

2.9
Tango Founder and Executive Chairman Uri Raz
Uri Raz
0 Rating
Pros
  • "I love the culture at Tango Austin(in 9 reviews)

• "Nice co-workers, some very talented engineers, a couple of talented directors who focus on the right things, free food, nice foosball partners(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, no recognition, poor management(in 13 reviews)

• "I was sold on the promise Tango is going to be the next whatsapp and it's growing very fast(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company. Great opportunities."

Current Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tango full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free food - Unlimited PTO - Flexible timings - Young and energetic staff - Talented, dedicated and enthusiastic engineers

Cons

- Product & Design teams should be on the same page with Engineering teams - Struggling to keep users - Open environment, sometimes could be too loud and noisy.

Advice to Management

"Eat & savor what you have been served. Do not worry about what is cooking" "Make careful decisions hiring product management. Do not be overshadowed by their past employments"

Tango2016-04-21

"Tango's past and future is doomed! Don't apply here."

I worked at Tango full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, some nice people, unlimited PTO(but this is a lie and scam, management will talk to you for taking too many, dumb as hell)

Cons

Sad to see and hear that after two years I was employed at this place, it still hasn't changed one bit. The same exact dysfunction from the past still exist today. Every negative review on here is very true and exact. I experienced the same issues before from the constant lies and deceit by executives, lots of politics, heavy and unfair favoritism, lots of back stabbing, an app the pretty much copies every thing with no innovation. It gets very bloated with so many useless features that aren't fully understood and just simply copied from competitors. It's also very disturbing and jarring to the users that on every update, the app changes completely. I highly discourage anyone from working here, will only be a complete waste of time and effort. There's no common decency, respect, and trust. Oh yes, they also told and made us create fake positive reviews to offset the truth and bad reviews. Their constant bad influences and practices has finally caught up with them, losing countless employees, opportunities and now, a lot of users. You reap what you sow.

Advice to Management

Stop the lies and deceit, start listening to people and learn how to improve through honesty. You will fail unless you fix this.

Tango2016-05-15

"Bubble burst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tango full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice co-workers, some very talented engineers, a couple of talented directors who focus on the right things, free food, nice foosball partners.

Cons

Dis-honest executives. Many many empty promises, lies. I was sold on the promise Tango is going to be the next whatsapp and it's growing very fast. Big mistake. Their user base has been shrinking ever since I joined. No growth and massive layoffs. Favoritism is everywhere. If you are from Israel and speaks Hebrew, you are golden. There was this kid, freshly out of an Israeli university, heavily accented English, don't really know what he is doing (I don't blame him for this), and did not really spend too much time at work. Got promoted to team lead after 9 months in the job. Meanwhile other hardworking, talented engineers in the same team, 20+ years of experience, 5+ years with the company, don't get promoted. Very disappointing.

Advice to Management

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Tango2016-05-06

"Definitely Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tango full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food and fast paced.

Cons

Non existent CEO who has no idea what he is doing. Almost all VP level staff have left and the people still leading the company will be there until the doors close. The employees still there are extremely unhappy and are staying due to golden handcuffs. Very sad to see a company growing and booming, go down hill so fast and the CEO doesn't have a thing to say about it.

Advice to Management

Hire LEADERS who can turn things around.

Tango2015-11-18

"Was fun once, but management crossed boundaries."

I have been working at Tango

Pros

Nice people, had a lot of potential. Received a big round of funding, so it's a fairly stable situation. Free food.

Cons

Ambiance and morale are down. Upper management lies to employees and regularly fails to deliver promises. There is a complete lack of trust and respect for employees. Work/life balance is getting worse and worse; people now have to work on weekends. It's sad, the company raised so much money, and still has potential. But oppressive management is stomping out passion and making people starting to leave.

Advice to Management

Respect employees. Ask them what they think. Value them, trust them, keep them.

Tango2014-05-24

"Hell hole to work"

I worked at Tango full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some smart engineers, decent product with enough room to grow Free food, some friendly colleagues and managers. HR exists in different forms

Cons

Hell hole to work Management does not trust any one and pep talks all engineers Mgmt snoops around Some engineers close to mgmt make hefty salaries, bonuses. No standard HR policies Management is not open to new ideas. Very very old school mgmt culture - u can see Office space kind of come to work week end talks all the time.

Advice to Management

Start trusting people and mature out.

Tango2013-11-09