KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Tango

Is this your company?

Tango

Add a Review

Tango Employee Reviews about "lies"

Updated May 14, 2021

Found 4 of over 114 reviews

3.5
Tango Founder and Executive Chairman Uri Raz
Uri Raz
Pros
  • "Nice working environment, easy going people(in 7 reviews)

• "Best engineers, great team, lot of friends(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "from Alibaba with very little to show for it(in 6 reviews)

• "lies(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "lies"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tango's past and future is doomed! Don't apply here.

May 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, some nice people, unlimited PTO(but this is a lie and scam, management will talk to you for taking too many, dumb as hell)

Cons

Sad to see and hear that after two years I was employed at this place, it still hasn't changed one bit. The same exact dysfunction from the past still exist today. Every negative review on here is very true and exact. I experienced the same issues before from the constant lies and deceit by executives, lots of politics, heavy and unfair favoritism, lots of back stabbing, an app the pretty much copies every thing with no innovation. It gets very bloated with so many useless features that aren't fully understood and just simply copied from competitors. It's also very disturbing and jarring to the users that on every update, the app changes completely. I highly discourage anyone from working here, will only be a complete waste of time and effort. There's no common decency, respect, and trust. Oh yes, they also told and made us create fake positive reviews to offset the truth and bad reviews. Their constant bad influences and practices has finally caught up with them, losing countless employees, opportunities and now, a lot of users. You reap what you sow.

11 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Bubble burst

May 5, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co-workers, some very talented engineers, a couple of talented directors who focus on the right things, free food, nice foosball partners.

Cons

Dis-honest executives. Many many empty promises, lies. I was sold on the promise Tango is going to be the next whatsapp and it's growing very fast. Big mistake. Their user base has been shrinking ever since I joined. No growth and massive layoffs. Favoritism is everywhere. If you are from Israel and speaks Hebrew, you are golden. There was this kid, freshly out of an Israeli university, heavily accented English, don't really know what he is doing (I don't blame him for this), and did not really spend too much time at work. Got promoted to team lead after 9 months in the job. Meanwhile other hardworking, talented engineers in the same team, 20+ years of experience, 5+ years with the company, don't get promoted. Very disappointing.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Was fun once, but management crossed boundaries.

May 24, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, had a lot of potential. Received a big round of funding, so it's a fairly stable situation. Free food.

Cons

Ambiance and morale are down. Upper management lies to employees and regularly fails to deliver promises. There is a complete lack of trust and respect for employees. Work/life balance is getting worse and worse; people now have to work on weekends. It's sad, the company raised so much money, and still has potential. But oppressive management is stomping out passion and making people starting to leave.

9 people found this review helpful

Tango Response

Head of People

Thank you for the review. We recently purchased an "employer account" which allows us to respond to posts in an effort to clarify facts as well as address specific issues. Your comments are appreciated. We have some room for improvement, although I do believe we are starting to make changes. Trust and work/life balance are topics we discuss amongst management and I believe we can make improvements in each area, although from what I've experienced, work/life balance doesn't seem to be as negative as what has been written, especially seeing other privately held companies, and establishing the trust will take time and needs to be recognized through actions. As the new Head of HR, I am committed to helping build a great company. I do welcome a personal discussion to better understand the facts of your comments so we have something concrete to work with. I'd like to understand what you think based on your experience(s) so feel free to contact me directly at any time.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The Worst Company I Ever Worked For

May 14, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Petersburg, Sankt-Peterburg
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary - Sometimes interesting and challenging tasks - Some very skilled engineers among colleagues - If you are good at what you do and liked by top management you can be promoted very fast to the highest positions, but do not expect to stay very long in them

Cons

- No vision - No planning - No strategy - No processes - Very weak management - Backbiting - Politics - Intrigues - Constant overtimes - 24/7 availability. Even on weekends. Even on vacation. Without any compensation - Legacy codebase with no desire from management to invest even a little bit of time into updating it - No job security. You could be fired anytime for unclear reasons - You could be demoted anytime to increase competitiveness inside the company - Top management doesn't respect anyone: employees, users, partners, investors and constantly lies to them - Endless talk about options and how we will all become millionaires, but no bonuses - Very hostile environment - Open space - Top management only cares about their money. They wanted people to work at the office even in the middle of a coronavirus pandemic - No professional growth - Endless manipulations from management

7 people found this review helpful