Tango "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Tango Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jul 8, 2019

2.9
Tango Founder and Executive Chairman Uri Raz
Uri Raz
0 Rating
Pros
  • "I love the culture at Tango Austin(in 9 reviews)

• "Nice co-workers, some very talented engineers, a couple of talented directors who focus on the right things, free food, nice foosball partners(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, no recognition, poor management(in 13 reviews)

• "I was sold on the promise Tango is going to be the next whatsapp and it's growing very fast(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great"

I worked at Tango

Pros

Fun sense of Camaraderie learned a lot

Cons

No job securityBackbiting Long hours

Tango2019-07-09

"Tango no more"

I worked at Tango

Pros

Meals provided, gym reimbursement, health insurance

Cons

Long hours, no recognition, poor management

Tango2016-04-27
  3. "A fun place"

in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tango

Pros

Diversity Talent people Things moving fast Nice working environment A great place to try out new technology

Cons

Product strategy is not clear. Sometimes long hours

Tango2015-11-10
  4. "Very team-oriented company with a fun work environment and potential for growth"

Current Employee - Programmer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tango full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation, lots of room for personal growth, very fun office environment with many perks and amazing co-workers. The office is filled with passionate and incredibly hardworking people with diverse backgrounds, which makes for an enlightening and satisfying work experience.

Cons

Work-life balance is a bit difficult, with long hours but work is satisfying.

Advice to Management

We have many group company meetings, although would be more effective to have some more one-on-one meetings with management as well.

Tango2015-01-20

"The company needs a better CEO"

I have been working at Tango full-time

Pros

Lots of great people. Good potential to really build something big.

Cons

It's such a pity that great people are overruled by poor management, led by the tyrant CEO. The CEO constantly spreads out negative energy throughout the entire organization by micromanaging, public scrutiny even humiliation, last minute changes, short-term focus, and promoting long hours and weekend work. No respect for individuals. No appreciation for work. The company doesn't have strong vision or mission. Only strategy seems to be making numbers seemingly attractive and hoping to sell to Alibaba some day. Focus is always very short-term. Projects are rushed out or cancelled. Conflicting priorities at all times. On top of that, the company has mis-aligned execs. It has more VPs than people who actually get things done. Directions come from all over the place. But guess what, it doesn't matter if they are aligned, the CEO will change it after all anyway.

Advice to Management

If the Board really want Tango to succeed, need to replace its CEO. We need someone that can lead by inspiration, vision, and appreciation, who would focus on long-term and lead people with clear strategy towards it's goal, whom people would follow instead of afraid of, who leads instead of bullies, who doesn't cause most of the attrition over the past few years.

Tango2014-11-02
  6. "Hard but motivating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tango full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good pay and okay benefits. its a good field that is constantly growing so there's always a good shot at advancing forward

Cons

definitely long hours and can get stressful but probably similar with most start up environments

Advice to Management

Sometimes lines get a little blurred and after working long hours motivation certainly decreases

Tango2014-05-24
  7. "Tango Intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tango for less than a year

Pros

Tango has very good benefits and people. It's a fairly large company that still has a fairly strong startup feel. Also, the company is extremely forthright with its employees. There are frequent company meetings for all of the employees where the current shape and direction of the company are discussed.

Cons

Tango expects its employees to work long hours. As an intern I was limited to 8 a day, but a lot of employees arrived before I did and left after I did.

Advice to Management

None.

Tango2014-02-18
  8. "Working at a fast growing start-up with smart coworkers"

Current Employee - Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tango full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart and passionate execs and coworkers - Promising product - Open communication - Decent free meals

Cons

- Sometimes long work hours

Tango2014-02-03
  9. "Challenging and exciting work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tango full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Awesome engineering and product teams - fast-paced and fun environment - exciting product and a very large user base - 3 meals a day, stocked kitchen, team event budget Great environment if you're looking to work with highly motivated and hard working founders and engineers.

Cons

- long hours but I guess its needed to build a successful company at this stage

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on attracting top talent.

Tango2013-11-09

"Terrible place to work, incompetent management and no respect for employees"

I worked at Tango

Pros

Some brilliant and knowledgeable coworkers

Cons

Oppressive management style, executives keeping employees in the dark about the general health of the company by always painting a rosy picture. Long work hours, constant overtime as a result of unrealistic expectations and the need to please upper management. Some very incompetent managers and conniving colleagues make this place a hell hole to work for. Don't let unlimited PTO, free meals fool you into working here, they come at a hefty price.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and end its miserable existence

Tango2013-10-28