Cover image for Tanium

70 Comments

Tech

455.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tanium~952409
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture here is great and the people are wonderful.(in 85 reviews)
  • "People are great and are extremely willing to help one another(in 65 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 40 reviews)
  • "great pay(in 28 reviews)
  • "Leadership is great and will be open to what you have to say (even at an intern level).(in 27 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tanium and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great place to join!

Aug 2, 2022 - Field Enablement Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive co-workers and managers - speaks to the culture ... Agile with lots of opportunities and support to innovate Flexible work hours and vacation days Great work-life balance!

Cons

401K match is less than my former employer

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, great leadership, great people

Nov 30, 2022 - Software Engineer II
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good communication and leadership from execs - culture of teamwork and cooperation - awesome benefits

Cons

- slightly older tech stack in some areas

3. Join the Tanium team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great place to work!

Oct 11, 2022 - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Mission. The company has a clear mission, to help companies and governments large and small improve their cybersecurity. This is the companies north star, and it feels good to work on something that matters to society. - Great company culture. Everybody I've worked with is always willing to help, and there are almost no politics to speak of. 'One Team One Fight' is one of our core tenets, and I've found it isn't just lip service. - Good work life balance. Occasionally things come up, but fire drills are rare and there's no consistent expectation of overwork. - Remote, but with an option to go into office if you are in a location with an office. - Events. As a remote first company, Tanium is thoughtful about doing meetups and happy-hour type events to help bring the teams closer together. - Pay is competitive, and to my knowledge almost everybody gets equity, not just engineers.

Cons

- Remote. If you aren't comfortable with a geographically distributed company, it's probably not for you. - Expectations. While the work life balance is good, expectations are high. The company is full of high performers, and there is an expectation that you will be contributing at a high level too. It's not a good place to slack off, so if your goal is to coast this is not the place for you.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Laid off employee

Dec 2, 2022 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co workers are fantastic, always happy to help, and dedicated to the company. Compensation, benefits, fully remote

Cons

The company is laying people off by department so they don’t have a large layoff hit the news cycle. Also, writing Glassdoor reviews is part of new hire training so that is why there are so many 5 star reviews with no substance.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great product, smart people and awesome culture!

Oct 17, 2022 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I was hired, I didn't know a lot about Tanium products. In the thorough interview process, several members mentioned it's the, "greatest product you've never heard of." Now that I am part of the team, I can see that it is true, for many reasons. The culture is one of helping each other solve issues and collaboration rather than pointing fingers or assigning blame. Overall, the smartest group of colleagues I've ever worked with. I was welcomed and given opportunities to succeed and my input was highly valued.

Cons

I don't consider this a con but some may. You must be at the top of your game to work at Tanium. Expertise and a fantastic work ethic are must haves and you will be challenged and your days will be full.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to be

Nov 22, 2022 - Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid management, great pay and benefits and a reasonable workload

Cons

Nothing comes to mind on this topic

8. 5.0

I love my job!

Nov 1, 2022 - Enterprise Services Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here consistently fosters the "one team, one fight" adherence, ensuring that all personnel have a solid support system when comes to both professional guidance and even personnal events. Compensation and benefits are stellar. Professional development is supported and encouraged.

Cons

My job role can be a little vague sometimes and requires you to seek opportunities where you can. If you require a checklist or standardized tasks to feel accomplished, this role might be a challenge for you and this company might frustrate you.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company Ever

Nov 25, 2022 - Enterprise Services Engineer in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work life balance, technology

Cons

No Cons to working at this company

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great People

Nov 22, 2022 - Systems Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Great people Great benefits Unlimited PTO and the ability to actually use it

Cons

Not nearly enough staff for the work. My current team is maybe at 25% of what it was at my previous company. Projects suffer from the lack of hours we have available to us as a team. The Technical debt is ever growing with no end in sight.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, terrible leadership

Jul 27, 2022 - Senior Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Individual contributors are great. They tend to hire really well at the IC level and the boots on the ground are usually top quality. Benefits are good and comp is ok.

Cons

Absolutely terrible and clueless senior leadership. The E-team could not be any worse. Product decisions are terrible and result in an unstable product with rushed features and little to no cohesiveness throughout their sprawling software packages. The churn at the exec level is high and for some reason they keep hiring completely unqualified people who baffle the staff. Moral is getting really bad, employee feedback ratings are dropping, and they have no clue what to do. They don't deal with toxic leaders and sometimes even promote them because they tend to ride on the work of others below them. It's honestly hard to watch and I couldn't take it anymore. Two recent exec hires were the final straw for me. I used to love this company but over the last couple years I have watched it devolve into a really crappy work environment and the CEO and other leaders getting more and more detached from the reality of the product and company. I'm sure there are plenty of people who love this place but the further you get up the ladder, the more you want to run away.

10 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 590 Reviews
</>Embed

Tanium Reviews FAQs

Tanium has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 626 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Tanium to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tanium employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tanium. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

87% of Tanium employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tanium 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tanium to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Tanium Job Seekers