Target Reviews in Albuquerque, NM | Glassdoor

Target Albuquerque Reviews

Updated May 26, 2019

2.5
Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell

"Great"

in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Target for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to work, fun

Cons

Long hours but great benefits

Target2016-11-03
  2. "All Stores Are Not The Same"

Current Employee - Apparel Team Member in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Easy to take time off in emergencies, although the communication amongst leaders when this does happen is hit or miss - Very easy to be called in early and pick up extra hours during slower scheduling quarters - Paid time off after six months - Easy to pick up and swap/give up shifts depending on business needs - Great direct store team leader/directors/district leaders and above - 10% stackable discount,... wellness discount for healthy products and activewear - I met many great people who I have kept in contact with (previous leaders who became mentors to me, most specifically) - Modern, constantly adapting resources available to assist guests such as the MyDevice with MyGo/MyCheckout, and more - Easy access to pricing and performance apps to check and work to improve department performance and sale stats - Easy-to-access product information training available, although not emphasized as much as it should be - Very portable scheduling system (Kronos, MyWork, Workday) - Able to reach leaders in other departments and access Workbench to learn about other areas in the store - Paid fifteen minute breaks

Cons

- Little to no development offered for Apparel & Accessories team members (now known as Style Consultants) - Scheduling makes no sense (TMs are working alone for three hours before even a leader arrives very often, even on weekends) - Inconsistent accountability - No more backroom, elimination of essential positions combined with abysmal training resulting in many errors that even our guests are feeling the... negative effects of - Leaders (ETLs and below) strongly demonstrate favouritism, restricting development greatly - Inconsistent communication, I very (VERY) rarely saw my own ETL - Shifts were edited and even removed from my schedule without my consent - Few leaders are very assertive and will push freight and reshop back to the line when it is not completely necessary to do so - Pricing and salvage process is not kept up with - Backroom backstock standards are not maintained and freight is also going salvage back there without ever going to the sales floor - Lack of consistent coaching leading to VMGs falling greatly behind, mannequin clothing going salvage consistently, and the overall brand suffering due to team members not being held accountable for their negative choices

Advice to Management

Leaders, respect and support your team before they’re gone! You may be able to keep your best team members around simply by boosting morale with respectful communication and supporting development. Good team members/leaders usually need appropriate development and may even be silently networking to prepare for their departure from Target. They are using the company as a stepping stone for a reason. Training is a big... opportunity for this company. It is something that needs to improve, especially with the incredibly high recent turnover. If team members are going to be Designated Business Owners, it is necessary for them to know how to do the things they are expected to do, and not just from reading a document and watching videos on a computer - but actual training. I would have loved to have stayed with the company.

Target2019-05-26
  3. "Horrible, do not work here"

Former Employee - Food Ave Team Member in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible with schedule and requested time off if asked for in advance

Cons

MANAGEMENT IS LAZY you will get bombarded with multiple customers at the same time and you will be the only one working.and if you ask for help they will flat out ignore you and pretend they forgot or simply never recieved the message. management sees this and simply does not care they let you handle everything which is nearly impossible. You will almost never see a raise above 10 cents. Once you're in the food... ave plan to never leave and do other work around the store. Youre stuck here

Advice to Management

Have a heart and help when you see an employee struggling with the workload

Target2019-04-25
  4. "Don’t Plan a Career Here"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Target full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, flexible scheduling and advancement opportunities, if you play your cards right while in your 20’s.

Cons

Exempt positions have zero work life balance. Holidays will become obsolete in your life. Over 40 yrs old employees are considered complacent, tenured and have higher salaries. They manage their business by firing high paid, tenured employees and hire lower pay employees.

Advice to Management

Legal should look at hiring and termination trends. The term ‘disparate impact’ should sound familiar.

Target2019-04-19
  5. "Backroom associate"

Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with great people Hours Always busy

Cons

No recognition Pay No Overtime Raises are small

Target2018-09-30

"The entire company is horrible."

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

The start you at 12USD/hr. In most states.

Cons

You have to buy everything you use. The employees training you have as much knowledge as you do like scat crap Nada. The managers the nastiest stuck up attitude you get screamed at for almost anything that you can think off. The have safety issues with employees BAD BAD!! The only training you get is how to lift a box who the hell doesn't know how to lift a freaking box in this world that we live in.

Advice to Management

good prices won't last long if you can't keep a good reputation just saying treat the team great and things will get better lead by example

Target2018-10-16
  7. "My time at Target"

in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Target for less than a year

Pros

Discount was okay, not great

Cons

Didn't pay enough. in order to get bigger discount you needed to apply for a target card

Target2018-07-15
  8. "ABQ Target"

Former Employee - Electronics Team Member in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Flexible schedule * Fair pay compensation

Cons

Team Leaders and upper-level team managers are unorganized. Often rude and condescending when directing team members to their daily roles. I don't believe all Targets are this way, just the location I was employed at for three years.

Target2018-05-11
  9. "Barista"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

They work with your availability/schedule.

Cons

-Don't appreciate their employees. -are constantly cutting hours even though you already only have 12. -Are always shortstaffed and they refuse to fix the issue. -Not enough people trained (in starbucks) to cover your break. -Management is Terrible.

Advice to Management

-Listen to your employees. -Actually go over the schedule and make sure there is enough coverage.

Target2018-02-20
  10. "Team Lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly / work around school schedule

Cons

Not a lot of hours at first. Spotty training program.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to your team.

Target2017-10-28