Target Reviews in Altamonte Springs, FL | Glassdoor

Target Altamonte Springs Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2016

Found 4 reviews

3.1
Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell
  1. "Submit forms at stores kiosk, mini on the spot interview, if pass get a scheduled interview."

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Easy questionnaire. Based on what would you do questions about quest interactions.

Cons

You can fail the kiosk questions by answering poorly. Then you will not get a follow up interview.

Advice to Management

I like the current hiring system.

Target2014-07-09
  2. "Positive Experience,"

Seasonal Cashier in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Target

Pros

Management was very friendly and helpful. Open ears to suggestions.

Cons

I really don't have much to say since it is a seasonal job.

Target2016-10-17
  3. "Back Room/ In-Stocks"

Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member, In Stocks in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Coworkers. Some good tech leads. Allot of talent there and a team spirit within the crews to get things done.

Cons

Hours dropped to some 3 hour shifts. Totally not worth it unless you are previously wealthy. Officer club mentality from the Full Timers. Lack of support from those same full timers. Some Full Timers were great but they had one guy transfered from New Jersey that they brought in to help that really makes me question their hiring practices.

Advice to Management

In this economy you have a ton of underemployed talent that are being underutilized. I went in when my career died so I could work until I reinvented myself and I knew I basically stole a teenagers job, however many of us with track records want more than the obligatory huddle with numbers. Show clearer paths to advancing and at least offer longer shifts as to just work a 3 hour stretch is pointless.

Target2015-08-20

"Poor Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

-35 to 40 hours per week in many cases (whether you want those hours or not) -Good systems in place for stocking and replenishment -Awesome and friendly co-workers

Cons

-Management fails to practice what they preach -Non sales floor management lacked even basic knowledge of that part of store -Management often unengaged with team members -Horrible, fluctuating schedules -- was working the closing shift during the week and then had to work 4 AM and 6 AM weekend shifts

Advice to Management

Perhaps I chose a bad store to work at, but my experience at Target revealed that the company has too much hype surrounding its treatment of employees. I was a student while working at Target and was given the impression that I would only be scheduled 20 or 25 hours per week, but consistently received 35+. Management was often whipped into panic when informed of DTL visits. I can recall one evening when our LOD... received word that our store was due for a brand walk the next morning. The team members worked feverishly to make the store look good. Meanwhile, the closing ETL spent most of the night in the LOD office...I didn't see her helping on the floor at all. We didn't leave until nearly 3 AM. I could go on and on, but there was definitely a divide between management and non-management. This was mostly a temporary job to bring in a little extra money, but it was basically a huge waste of time in the end.

Target2013-02-25