Target Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.1
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Not enough home/work life balance" (in 1637 reviews)

• "The pay is fair until you have to carry the load of other work-shy team members" (in 1737 reviews)

1. "Positive"

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loves job and support gives

Cons

Hates the level of supervision

Advice to Management

Do more!!!!

2. "Average Workplace"

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent starting pay, good hours

Cons

During certain seasons the hours can be long, little room to grow

3. "Target Softlines"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depends on department, nice people

Cons

Overworked for not enough pay

Advice to Management

Schedule members adequately

4. "Your experience can vary widely based on your immediate supervisors"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is so much turnover and quite a few people that are just going through the motions, so when you are a self-starter and responsible, you can really make a name for yourself in your store.

Cons

If you get the wrong supervisor you can have a really negative experience. Not easy to rise out of a specific store in my experience.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time training how to "lead" rather than just having everyone babysit team members. It would go a long way toward motivating.

5. "Better than my Walmart experience"

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve always loved the Target I grew up going to. I know where a lot of the basics are to tell customers where to go. It’s more relaxed in dress code, I will however sometimes dress to impress but right now I love that we have the choice of khakis or jeans. It’s a good job for me because I didn’t go to college really and also have a disability so they are aware of my seizures.

Cons

I’ve ony been a cashier/ Self Check Out. I’m surprised as I’m about to come to my 3rd year with Target, my bosses won’t let me work in other parts of the store. I would love to Apparel or General Merchandise but they only want me up front. It’s been very unfair to me as we get seasonal cashiers and then they are at guest service or a different department in the next month. We also came across the no water allowed at work. My schedule is never stable. And for the very first time they denied my request off for only one week of vacation.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the water policy.
    Give people more chances to gain job experiences.
    Just because I have a disability, doesn’t mean I’m not qualified to do other things.

6. "New college grads—AVOID!!!"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big name to work for and put on a resume.

Cons

You will work 10 hours a day MINIMUM and you’ll be off two days a week but they normally aren’t consecutive. It’ll be like Wednesday and Saturday. Only off every other weekend. You’ll get paid so little when you do the math you might as well be a TL work half the hours and have less than half the stress. This company will sell you a bill of promises on day one while they get you fresh out of college or in an internship and you know nothing but then when you get into it it’s just a terrible job. Like really think about it—you’re a glorified team member. Is that really what you went to college for?? You studied that hard to do what again?
    You can ask anyone in management how long they’ve been with the company. And you think “wow must be great you’ve been here 35, or 19, or 12 years!” No!! You should really be asking yourself WHY have they been here for 12+ years and they’re in the SAME position as you, fresh out of college. That’s not a good sign.
    Their benefits suck also. There’s no company perks. No company phone although you’re constantly on call. You can never call in, you’ll be shamed for it. I had a 103 temperature and I never heard the end of it. Everyone in management made fun of me for weeks for calling in. You can’t take a break you’re lucky if you even eat something. They say “You’re salary now. You don’t get breaks” You’re under constant pressure from corporate. It’s not a good job. Unless you just LLOOOVVVEEE retail work life then I would suggest running for the hills.

Advice to Management

Be honest with these fresh out of college workers. Don’t take advantage of us. You’re a huge corporation you can and should do better. There should be more communication and more transparency.

7. "Only nice when they need you"

Former Employee - Shipper/Receiver in Austell, GA
    Former Employee - Shipper/Receiver in Austell, GA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were many easy going people , and it seemed like everyone tried to have positive attitudes together and worked together as a family or they might have pretended but all in all it has a nice vibe

Cons

Hence that it has a nice vibe after you start realizing that management is being nice because they pretend to be to get you to work harder or shall I say like a slave . Sometimes I wanted to pass out from how they worked us to make deadlines . Everyone doesn’t work at the same pace . Then when you’re not needed they could care less about you . They never put me on the schedule until I called and asked for hours .

Advice to Management

Stop being passive aggressive because I find it far more disrespectful then you just being honest .

8. "Softlines"

Current Employee - Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    time goes by quickly

Cons

Overworked and understaffed with leaders (target’s term for managers) that don’t know how to lead without being mean

Advice to Management

Train leaders better.

"Worst Target"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

You may make a few good relationships with your coworkers.
    Pay is good but means nothing if you have no hours.

Cons

Management is HORRIBLE.
    Favoritism.
    Discrimination.
    What you say doesn’t matter.
    If you have bills to pay and aren’t anything above a GSA, you’re going to stay broke.
    Don’t expect for HR or really anybody for that matter to help you without belittling you.
    They placed the wrong people in charge at this store in particular.
    Management doesn’t take responsibility for their own actions.
    One manager in particular really likes to make everyone in the store feel beneath him and is disrespectful.
    You’re avaliability doesn’t mean anything bc they will still give you an off the wall schedule.
    One big issue is management except STL is the only one who Knows how to handle customer , cashier, work hard lines, etc. so when front end gets backed up , the employees are to blame when only one person is scheduled to cashier and a team memeber is running back and forth to help.

Advice to Management

Your employees are people too.
    Pay attention.
    Stop giving excuses why you can’t and start finding a solution so that we can.

10. "A good balanced work life"

Former Employee - Logistics Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Logistics Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management and benefits, typical for an established company.

Cons

Needs better communication with employees.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management.

Showing 447 of 31,351 reviews