Target Reviews in Bloomington, MN | Glassdoor

4.8
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1419 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1507 reviews)

1. "Back room stock"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Target would be a good place to work for becausr they are nice to there employees

Cons

There is no down side

Advice to Management

If you hore mr you will be hiring a hard worker trustworthy and reliable employee

2. "Overall a satisfying job if you have the right management."

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    401k match
    Friendly atmosphere
    10% off employee discount on every product.
    Given the ability to work various departments.

Cons

Inexperienced Management
    Low wages
    Hours are flexible, however you will most likely never have a set schedule if you're looking for one.

Advice to Management

Listen to your associates more closely. You'd be surprised how an ineffective leader can drive many associates away.

3. "My experience was good"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for a student to get a little work experience.

Cons

Floor worker is not a satisfying job for the long term

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Cashier in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment, nice coworkers, good management staff and good team ethic

Cons

Busy all the time, but at least work goes by fast. Not many negative things I can say about Target.

Advice to Management

More fun incentives

5. "A Good Place to Work Despite Its Problems"

Current Employee - Cart Attendant in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Cart Attendant in Bloomington, MN

Pros

The store is really well laid out and pretty clean. It is a pretty prestigious place for mid-level retailer and all employees brag that their store is better than Walmart.

Also, if you are ambitious there are generally plenty of leadership openings available if you want to scale the corporate ladder. Even better, you don't have to have an MBA for many store or corporate positions.

As the store carries so much, if you ever come to work and need something or forgot something, you can generally buy it there. Work where you need to travel the store is a pleasure as you always see things that you want to buy.

Cons

Like all retailers, they have issues with availability. You ask for certain hours on certain days and at times they completely ignore it.

Be smart about where you start, as you need to really fight management to get retrained in other areas of the stores if you are tired of your own or think that it is a resume killer.

Less of an issue now, but they also used to really push the employees to sell credit cards to customers even though it was obvious the market was very saturated. One boss told me that one reason for continuing it was that hundreds of people were turning 18 every day and could apply - completely ignoring the fact that it is hardly moral giving such a dangerous thing to a youth.

The Executive Team Leader position is an absolute killer, requiring well over 40+ hours a week. One of my immediate bosses declared that he avoid being one at all cost as at least five ETL's he knew had divorces and he liked being married.

As a cart attendant, I have one of the most strenous jobs in the store requiring that I fly around acres of store floor occasionally doing numerous things at once and acting as a general troubleshooter - and have never been recognized as Employee of the Month despite years of employment. Because we are outside, apparently our work is invisible.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing credit cards, consider hiring more ETLs, more flexibility is needed for employees who want to switch work stations. Drop the lime/olive green, teal blue, and black color scheme used for cheaper Target items as they are hideous.

Showing 5 of 24,783 reviews