Target Reviews in Boardman, OH | Glassdoor

Target Boardman Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2019

3.8
Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell
1 Rating
  1. "Ship from store"

Former Employee - Logistics in Boardman, OH

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom, options of what tasks you want to do as long as you stay busy

Cons

Leaders can be a little snooty, if you aren’t all in and picking up shifts when they randomly request you they won’t see a need for you.

Target2019-03-31
  2. "You'll get hours"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Boardman, OH

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

will give you hours, definitely. You can get in the zone when you're in your zone. Often reached my daily 10,000 steps. Pays over minimum wage.

Cons

they put you on the schedule for every available minute. They expect way too much out of their employees for the amount that we get paid. No guaranteed time off, even if you requested in advance. Will always schedule you out of your availability.

Target2016-12-06
  3. "Employees Not Respected"

Former Employee - Customer Care Team Member in Boardman, OH

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Is a job & close to my home. Easy to apply for and interview process is not difficult.

Cons

Management is only interested in hiring "BODIES," does not listen to suggestions,runs store like a bunch of "SORORITY SISTERS" and consistently "DOGS" Associates. Target consistently looks for ways to get out of providing Company paid life insurance,vacation pay, and even Supplemental group life insurance,and does not treat all employees consistently. Upper Management only interested in Trans Gender Bathrooms & giving $4M in contributions to schools/communities per week and less interested in taking care of all employees regardless of how many hours worked. Treat all employees equally vs worrying about being politically correct. This is a Target Store/Company that needs to have their employees represented by a UNION!

Target2016-10-23
  4. "Overall I'm satisfied but, wouldn't make a career in retail. Theirs no transferable skills in retail."

Executive Team Leader in Boardman, OH

I worked at Target

Pros

Great opportunity for growth and to move up in the company. The compensation is good if you are moving up but, if staying in the same position you may level out.

Cons

It's retail hours and it's not for everybody. You will have not work life balance in the 4th quarter expect not to see your family or friend for 2 pr 3 months. The nights and weekends get kind of overwhelming with trying to have a life and do weekend activities.

Target2010-03-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews