Target Reviews in Braintree, MA | Glassdoor

3.6
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1417 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1503 reviews)

"Good First Work Experience"

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Braintree, MA

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customer service training and upward mobility! Good opportunities to gain experience in different store departments. Decent employee discount and relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes disorganized among lower and middle level employees. Upper level employees could be more supportive. Very very high turnover rates depending on the store.

Advice to Management

Be more attentive to the needs of the workers. Commit to the leadership roles that upper management positions demand. Better organize shifts and hours.

2. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics At Target Corporation in Braintree, MA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, great chance to develop professionally. Great environment professionally and socially. I have enjoyed my time with target and look to further advance my career here.

Cons

Demanding hours especially during holiday season. A lot is asked of you but you are rewarded for the hard work. Not a consistent schedule which can be challenging.

3. "overall"

Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Braintree, MA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care for their employees. They have a decent salary.

Cons

If they don't like you they will find ways to let you go by quiting yourself. HR gives way too few hours at departments that clearly need much more so you end up working long hours by yourself.

Advice to Management

Don't hire just anyone to be a team lead because of desperation.

4. "Braintree MA Target"

Former Employee - Overnight Flow Team Member in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Overnight Flow Team Member in Braintree, MA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good working for Target.... They are bad, bad co-workers and bad staffing

Cons

The co workers are rude, so not friendly. I worked night shift.... and I got treated very bad, like a slave by the Night shift staff.... The night shift supervisers do scream and treats workers like they are worthless... They give no credit to the workers... and only have bad remarks to make about all the work effort made by the employees. I was a victim of Target environment. Your company needs some serious training.... Stop treating hard working people like they are slaves who are not worthy of any respect. I worked for Target in Braintree Mall... And my experience was horrible... I hate Target, a very bad company to work for !!!!!!

5. "Executive Team Lead"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader Softlines in Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader Softlines in Braintree, MA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paid very good, the team, diverse, promotions, fast pace environment

Cons

Work life balance that Target once pride themselves on is gone! long hrs, standard 10 hrs days or more, medical benefits could be a whole lot better, ETLs' are expected to work 6 days straight, always on your feet, very stressful depending on your store

6. "Unpleasant."

Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Braintree, MA

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only real pro, as with most retail positions is the people you get to work with. I met a lot of wonderful coworkers some of whom are my closest friends. Other than that I have little good to say about the company.

Cons

The benefits are few and aren't really worth it, the pay is lower than that of wal-mart, management communicate poorly to one another and hardly at all to team members who are considered expendable. Time off is difficult to get approved and despite advertising that they will work with you when it comes to scheduling they are very inflexible and you probably won't even get hired if you aren't available 24/7. You will be overworked and underpaid no matter where you are in the store, the exception potentially being SFT (Maintenance). Would not remotely recommend this company to a friend.

Advice to Management

Communicate, and work harder to make your team members feel like they are valued.

7. "Target not all that great"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Braintree, MA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire for a minimum 90 days for seasonal and may keep you on after permanently.

Cons

HR is a mess, no communication between managers and HR

Advice to Management

Don't hang up on injured employees who are trying to contact HR about the injury.

8. "Pleasent work experience"

Current Employee - Signing Specialist in Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Signing Specialist in Braintree, MA

Pros

Retail offers great flexibility in scheduling, and target opportunities are good compared to other retailers

Cons

As with most retail jobs, pay is not always that great

Showing 8 of 24,713 reviews