Target Business Intelligence Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "It was a great place to work and may still be, but expect some culture changes in the future."

Former Employee - Manager, Business Intelligence in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Manager, Business Intelligence in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers were talented, collaborative, and dedicated. Our team, along with many partners, delivered some great results. Our management was supportive and we knew we could count on them as champions for what we were doing. Initiative was appreciated and rewarded. Work/life balance was a genuine corporate value. Needless to say, I really enjoyed my years there. If you thrive on change, it's a great place to work.

Cons

Organizational inefficiency was probably the biggest ongoing issue. Many IT-related projects required several teams to be involved, making it difficult to identify the owners of specific tasks or issues. Many layers of management ensured there would be too many ancillary people bogging down progress, with little accountability.
    The recent layoffs and org structure changes are intended to remedy these cons, and I sincerely wish Target's leaders well in this undertaking because it will be key to the company's future.

Advice to Management

Transparency and frequent communication with employees during the transitions, with details on what is happening, why it's happening, and the end state you envision. It will go a long way in maintaining morale and excitement for the future.

"Good company back in the early-mid 2000's"

Former Employee - Manager Business Intelligence in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Manager Business Intelligence in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people are great, good growth opportunities, best looking stores in the industry.

Cons

HQ - Too many politics, no credit for what you do, it is who you know. Constrained to be innovative due to all the process and rules.

Advice to Management

Streamline like you have down lately, improve morale, give everyone a purpose and a sense of belonging.