Target Cash Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance" (in 1608 reviews)

• "Hours were inconsistent for most team members" (in 1704 reviews)

1. "Store Management is a Joke."

Former Employee - FE Manager, Cashier, Cash Office, GS, Presentation/Pricing in Renton, WA

I worked at Target (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got a paycheck and I worked with some really awesome people. I got to learn a variety of different tasks throughout the store and now I have an anal retentive eye when it comes to shopping at stores.

Cons

Cut hours on a whim no matter how long you had worked there. Very hard to move up unless you sucked up to the store managers, or HR. Store managers and HR had no experience with working the floor and although they were supposed to never really did. Unrealistic goals were set and expected to be met. Pay was awful for the amount of work expected from you.

OH. and I never got health insurance because I couldn't afford it.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate and value the employees you have. The ones who do a good job and work hard, position them into future management positions instead of knocking them down and hiring "business school" losers who have a "fresh approach" to cashiering! ugh!