Target Cashier Reviews | Glassdoor

Cashier

3.5
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a large focus on work/life balance that is very appreciated (in 895 reviews)

• If the team members can't come up with an answer they are more than willing to seek out the answer via manager or other sources (in 1776 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance is an opportunity (in 1500 reviews)

• compensation for existing team members being outpaced by newer (in 1594 reviews)

1. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Rockwall, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Rockwall, TX

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, paid well, nice managers

Cons

Emloyees were cliquey, and had tendencies to be disrespectful

Advice to Management

Make sure employees treat everyone fairly

2. "Great, kind co workers"

Current Employee - Target Cashier in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Target Cashier in Miami, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You Great hours, especially on holidays, you work with nice people, 15% discount and 401k which is great I really like it here

Cons

Besides the color of the uniform and how difficult the interview is target so far really had no cons, i

3. "Target is great"

Former Employee - Cashier in Winter Garden, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Winter Garden, FL

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

Friendly, positive atmosphere where they enjoy working with one another. I enjoyed working here over the holidays and I think that they felt I was a valuable employee. Everyone I came in contact with was just terrific!

Cons

Call-in system at the store I worked at wasn’t ideal. Felt like my team didn’t find out/know when I was out due to talking to different people from different departments who maybe were less concerned when it wasn’t someone calling in from their department.

4. "I'm only 16 This is my first time getting a job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good Supporting company that's gonna help my career and there's nearly 3 in my location

Cons

I can only work part time I got school from 8:15-2:25

5. "Excellent Teen Starting Job! Not Enough Hours, Lack of Acknowledgement From Management in Some Areas."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member: Hardlines/Cashier/Electronics in Cottage Grove, MN

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, TM's, TL's, LOD's, AP/APTL's, Sr. TL's, and STL's, Fun Work Environment, Fast Paced, Team Driven, Benefits, and Special/Holiday Pay.

Cons

Promised Hours, Lack of Communication with HR's/ETL-HR's and Some LOD's, Some Move Up Quicker Than Others, Unrealistic Expectations/Regulations For TM's to Follow, Lack of TM's in Some Departments.

Advice to Management

More hours are needed for TM's. If I have a question or concern I would like it to be a matter that is fulfilled right away, especially problems with scheduling or personal matter with other TM's. They are slow, and sometimes they need to reminded more than once. I've worked at two different Target store locations and it seems to be a trending issue. Not a big deal, but defiantly a problem when given to a ETL-HR or LOD short notice. One thing that really bothers me is that I've been with this company for almost a year now. Some TM's are new and received raises and I haven't. Keep in mind I am no harder working than they are, but I've also cross-trained to five different work centers in the store from Hardlines (Sales Floor), Consumables/Grocery (Sales Floor), Electronics/Toys (Sales Floor), did some Fitting Room and Softlines (Sales Floor), Flex. Full./Ship-From-Store (Backroom), Guest Service (Front End), Guest Service-Cashier (Front End), and Guest Service-Cart Attendant (Front End) and have received no added wage increase other than the minimum wage increase at Target ($11.00/hourly).

6. "Not Terrible"

Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Easy to keep track of important timelines, Great team environment.

Cons

Hectic scheduling, High traffic times often understaffed, Management is slightly fleeting or stagnant..

Advice to Management

Care more about the little guys.

7. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

it was a friendly place to work

Cons

it could be overwhelming at times

8. "Cashier/Starbucks Barista"

Former Employee - Cashier in Milford, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Milford, MA

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Scheduling time off and making usre you had enough hours was really easy, especially for a high school student. They have a Leave of Absence, so if you have to take time off for college, you can come back and get hours for your break.

Cons

Cashier was exhausting, they need to make the shifts shorter, allow water bottles, and/or add time to just walk around and leave your position for a second. The emphasis on RedCards was absurd, especially if you live in a small town -- everyone in the small town has already decided at this point whether they want one or not, stop trying to shove it down their throats.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees who's sole purpose is to stand in for cashiers every hour so they can take a lap around the store to allow them to regroup and be better able to greet customers.

9. "cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- great pay
    - fun people to work with
    -great policies

Cons

- not enough hours
    - mean customers

10. "Not too bad!"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member: Hardlines/Cashier/Electronics in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

Team members would nice and easy to get along with. Learned a lot from them as well.

Cons

Some days were very unorganized and it was as if management had no idea what they were doing. Also on certain days we would be really understaffed. The scheduling had no order in it sometimes.

Advice to Management

Get a bit more organized.