Target Reviews in Chillicothe, OH | Glassdoor

Brian Cornell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can be an issue" (in 1665 reviews)

• "A lot of team members take advantage of calling out" (in 1762 reviews)

1. "Great First job out of college"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Bainbridge, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Bainbridge, OH

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great right out of college. I couldnt pass it up even though I was working 50 hours per week. Target really help develop me as a professional. They have a great training program and focus on your personal development

Cons

work life balance
    50 hour per week minimum
    staying competitive to target means always having a "flavor of the week"

Advice to Management

consider work life balance

"Target backroom team member"

Current Employee - Backroom Team Member in Bainbridge, OH
    Current Employee - Backroom Team Member in Bainbridge, OH

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's easy to get a job and for a first job it's decent pay. They usually will work with what hours you need

Cons

It's a lot of work(backroom for sure) and you're not getting paid a lot. Usually are short staffed so you have to do extra work

Advice to Management

Get people in the back the more people that are working in the back the more functional the brt is

"Awful - Don't work here."

Former Employee - Team Member in Bainbridge, OH
    Former Employee - Team Member in Bainbridge, OH

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management will be nice to you for the first 2 weeks, until you realize how "stupid" they are. Then they will treat you like crap.

Cons

Management. They will literally hire anyone who applies, and it usually backfires in their face. I've worked at 2 different locations, and the turnover rates at both were insanely high. The best advice I've received in retail is "Intelligent people don't work there." It's an OKAY place to work if you don't mind being talked down to, treated like a robot, and are willing to just put your head down and work. But if you're the type of person (like me) who tries to solve problems, boost productivity, and find more efficient ways to do things in a shorter amount of time, management will eat you alive. Also, promotions are based on tenor, not skill level. If you're in it for the long haul, you will see a lot of people get promoted before you who don't work at all. It's very discouraging.

Advice to Management

Understand that you are ABSOLUTELY NO ONE AND NOTHING without your team. I've seen so many people get promoted to manager just to fill a slot, not because they actually deserve it. That's fine, but these people often get big heads and think that they worked their way to the position. When this happens, your team of employees can very quickly turn against you. I've also seen many managers get let go because of this. Always make sure to humble yourself. You're only as good as your team.

Showing 3 of 31,666 reviews