Target Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO | Glassdoor

3.4
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1419 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1507 reviews)

"By Retail Standards, a Pretty Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's easy to get time off, and they do a great job of respecting your availability. The pay tends to be a bit better than most retail chains. Plus the leadership doesn't micromanage people to death and does a pretty good job of recognizing/appreciating hard workers, which a lot of retail chains struggle with (this is coming from someone who has worked at two different Targets).

Cons

Mostly technology issues. They have two different devices employees can use to create/print signs, locate products, backstock, etc. yet each of these devices can only do certain tasks, so if you want to be prepared for anything you need both. Problem is they are usually out of one or both in their equipment room. They are usually out of walkies too, which leads to communication issues. Also the software they use to print signs is pathetic. These problems can compound during a workday to make things less productive than they could be, and more frustrating. Otherwise the only negative thing is that the leadership will constantly haggle you to try and sell Redcards.

Advice to Management

You do a great job overall. Only thing I would change is recognize that many guests don't want to be so heavily pressured to buy Redcards. I know you have a daily quota you want to meet but it's no good if we scare all the guests away in the process! Also, for those who work at Super Targets, maybe take the produce department a bit more seriously. At both Targets I worked at the leadership usually didn't know what was going on there and would often understaff it. I think this is a massive oversight, since consistently having a clean, organized, well-stocked produce department will give guests a good first impression when they walk in and make recurring guests more happy, since they won't feel like they have to go to a grocery store to get decent produce.

2. "The company seems to hold animosity towards employees from the LGBQTA+ and POC"

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I only have two Pros:
    1. I met some wonderful team members that have become great friends.
    2. I learned how a company should NOT behave in the 21st Century.

Cons

The company is racist and anti-LGBQTA+. They seem to have an excellent PR department that masks the harsher treatment given to employees. The company needs to update their training on the "Disney Program" they follow so as to better understand the demands of the 21st Century. Target still operates like it's the 1980s.

Advice to Management

Hire a more diverse management team that actually knows how a business runs and not one that seems to only hire their Fraternity/Sorority peers. Diversity = more than just a single POC on a team of 40 members. Stop being anti-Semitic, anti-Catholic, and stop being racist.

"Management is a Nightmare"

Former Employee - Target Electronics Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Target Electronics Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Decent benefits. Team-based focus makes you feel valued and you can feel pride in your work compared to other major retailers.

Cons

Redcard redcard redcard redcard. You will be fired within 60 days if you can't sell redcards like pushy salesmen sell cars. Even if you're not a cashier, always sell redcards. Even if the guest says no three times, always sell redcards.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening to fire or coach employees for lack of redcards. They're not car salespeople. They don't get paid enough to be pushy. Target is supposed to be friendly. That's why we call them guests. Shoving a loyalty card down their throats doesn't make them feel welcomed. I shredded both of mine the day I quit.

4. "Target is a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team work, benefits, opportunities for advancement, inclusive culture, proximity, team culture, reasonable wage, inclusive place to shop, reviews, promotions, discount, past pace

Cons

Angry guests, shoplifters, working holidays, fast paced, people who want everything for nothing, crazy coupon ladies, return fraud, people who are angry

5. "Fast paced w high expectations but worth it for personal and professional development & career opportunities"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team orientated, innovative, always changing, and lots opportunities for growth personally and professionally. Fun, fast paced environment where you will gain a lot of experience working with all kinds of people which will stretch you, but in a good way

Cons

Very high expectations & high work load. Definitely have to be willing to work hard for your money. Obviously working every other weekend and holidays is not fun, but it's retail!

Advice to Management

None

"Flow Team Trainer"

Former Employee - Logistics Team Trainer/Entertainment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I had some of the best years of my life working here. I got to work with my three best friends. It's a great job if you are in your early to mid 20's. You get to learn a lot of different jobs in the company, and it's just good easy work. You work hard, you can get more responsibility.

Cons

The pay isn't that great. It can make ends hard to meet. Sometimes they micro manage the most simple task, and it gets annoying. Sometimes you feel unappreciated. Sometimes it's harder to move up.

Advice to Management

Ease up a little, you can have a fun, competitive environment. Fast, fun and friendly, right?

7. "Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and pay rates. People are friendly

Cons

Lots of turnover of team members

Advice to Management

Be involved in projects all around the store not just delegate all aspects of the tasks.

"Long hours and demanding work"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers were fun and the team environment kept me there for about 4 years. High emphasis on personal and professional development

Cons

Job was very physically demanding. As an executive team leader I spent 90 percent of my time stocking shelves and folding clothes. Any time to do management duties was hard to find. I usually stayed late to do those things after hours

9. "Wonderful time working in and learning the warehouse."

Former Employee - Backroom Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Backroom Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in the backroom warehouse was really fun and fast paced. I learned alot about how to organize a store.

Cons

There really was only one bad thing that I didn't exactly like and that was having to be at work by 4am that meant I had to get up by 3 to start getting ready.

Advice to Management

Keeps up the good work.

10. "Not recommended"

Former Employee - Target Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Target Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can go to school and do this job, you meet some great people, you get retail experience.

Cons

Scheduling is sporadic and all computer based, hours are hard to come by, management is very pushy and demanding, the pay is not enough, there is not really any room for advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

Don't push red cards so much, it really turns off employees and that is why you rate for people leaving/ quitting is so high.

Showing 29 of 24,817 reviews