Target Reviews in Commack, NY | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "HR Team Member"

Former Employee - Human Resources Team Member in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Team Member in Commack, NY

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great learning experiences.

Cons

I cant think of any.

Advice to Management

keep on motivation your employees.

2. "Back room team member"

Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Commack, NY

I worked at Target full-time

Pros

Decent pay easy going environment while still being fast paced and challenging the discount was also nice

Cons

The managers were very jaded they sounded miserable they were very rarely on the floor spent a lot of time in their offices

Advice to Management

Pick a different career care more or less and leave find something that doesn't eat your soul this obviously was

3. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Commack, NY

I worked at Target (More than a year)

Pros

Great community involvement, pay could be worse, not the hardest work I've ever done, sometimes nice activities in the breakroom, the co-workers at my store became like family.

Cons

Doing my bosses work for them and not getting paid for it.
    Horrible holiday hours even for retail, I worked through every single holiday that year, I worked from 6pm to 4am on thanksgiving!
    REDCARDS.

Advice to Management

Make sure your team leads are actually doing their jobs and not just standing around talking while passing their work off to others.

Recognize the truly hard workers.

Target puts so much focus on who is getting the most redcards they aren't even seeing the employees who are working very hard and doing their jobs well.

Target needs to remember it's a two way street. Employees wouldn't have a job without the store.....but Target wouldn't have a store without the employees.

Getting someone to sign up for a redcard is not difficult nor is it vital to the stores ability to function, additionally if the stores main customer base is repeat customers then they all have redcards already!

Employees are not just another #, they are the foundation of what makes your store run. So if they are treated like the employer does not care about them, in return they will not care about the employer.
    You can't make people work thanksgiving and give black out dates for major American holidays so employees can't spend time with their families and expect your employees to actually care about the job or getting the work done.

4. "They're ok"

Former Employee - Eletronics, Sales Floor, Cart Attendant in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Eletronics, Sales Floor, Cart Attendant in Commack, NY

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice workers, ok managers, pass on work to you too much

Cons

bad managers, pass you all of their work

5. "Electronics Team Member"

Current Employee - Electronics Specialist and Team Trainer in Commack, NY
    Current Employee - Electronics Specialist and Team Trainer in Commack, NY

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours, kind co workers, if no managers are around it's easy work you can just relax at the boat and play whatever video games are out as long as the managers aren't harassing you

Cons

Difficult managers and rather low pay for high work load, do many different tasks, low recognition, high stress from managers

Advice to Management

Ease up, we know your job is high stress there's no reason to take it out on part time team members who just want to get through their 5 hour shift and go home, we know that it's your career and we try our best but this is not our career.

6. "Great"

Current Employee - Target Cashier in Commack, NY
    Current Employee - Target Cashier in Commack, NY

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

Far from my house but great job

Advice to Management

Nothing

7. "Don't over do it unless you want stay with target for years"

Former Employee - Electronics Team Member/Salesfloor/Instocks in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Electronics Team Member/Salesfloor/Instocks in Commack, NY

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mangers are nice some will talk behind your back but they're forced to be nice
    10% discount
    Food on holidays

Cons

Yearly raises and there less than 25 cents
    Not the best pay and you don't have just one job cause they can call you to be cashier
    If they tell your there gonna promote be expected to wait 6 months to a year unless you annoyingly keep asking
    Forced to be nice to rude employees
    There was a racist store manger at my target

Advice to Management

If a worker wants to switch to a different position please do not ignore them. Also appreciate all workers the same no no favorites

8. "It all depends on the management"

Former Employee - Starbucks Barista and Assistant Trainer and Cashier in Commack, NY

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The members are, more often than not, great. They take conduct seriously which helped get a sexual suggestive member fired. You will get to take your breaks.

Cons

Corporate rules make it difficult to truly be an effective and happy worker. Sometimes you can only choose one. Leads rarely care about members. It's sometimes hard to get time off. They only care about Red Cards and profit.

Advice to Management

You should care about your members and consider their suggestions on ways to improve the environment even if it doesn't improve profit. There should always be two members at the Target Starbucks so just because that section is liscensed, doesn't mean that you can ignore when it needs help.

9. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Commack, NY

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, lets you take breaks for college. Break rooms are spacious, have tvs, microwaves and fridges

Cons

over demanding and tiring red card push day in and day out. Some management may look down on those who earn less cards. Also train workers in multiple departments however each department has its own associated wage and there is no salary raise for cross training. I've seen days where management has gone as far as asking all staff in the store if they've already signed up as well as workers to call over friends to sign their life over to target

Advice to Management

Lay off red card push I know its coming from corporate but most cashiers that are honestly asking all their guests are still badgered and berated by both their gstls and etls.

10. "Good while it lasted"

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Leader in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Leader in Commack, NY

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the working environment here. We created a healthy community of teams. We were happy with compensation and benefits. Target team member discount, doesn't get better than that!

Cons

When I left I was in a great status with all team members, peer management, as well as executive management. I received awards and team member cards of satisfaction and praise. However, when the next store manager reorganized his store staff, my employee record shows that I am not rehirable recommended. Someone clicked the wrong button and no one will answer for it when I have inquired. No one recalls those days now.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure why my record was side swiped, but I encourage a default of rehire so people can have your great company as a reference, rather than due to error having to not disclose that time invested. When someone cares enough to call in to inquire to a matter of error at least call them back with a solution or some sort of closure. Not looking into the matter and not returning communications is just poor professionalism and disrespectful.

Showing 16 of 25,713 reviews