Target Customer Service Team Reviews | Glassdoor

Target Customer Service Team Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2015

Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell
1 Rating
  1. "Senior Team Leader"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Pay, work life balance is good

Cons

Expectations to perform are a lot everyday. Very little resources to get the job done!

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of your guests.

Target2015-09-21
  2. "target"

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in San Diego, CA

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

lots of perks for employees

Cons

they dont contribute to employees as they should

Target2014-04-06

"Put your money where it counts"

Customer Service Team Lead

I have been working at Target

Pros

Its a good place to earn extra cash, or a second income. Students and parents, elderly have a fairly easy time with scheduling by choosing an availability. Breaks and lunches are adhered to strictly.

Cons

I pity those trying to raise a family on the meger hourly wages-also you shouldnt expect a lot of pity if you get sick. In order to claim your sick pay you must report to work for half of your shift and only then can you request an LOD to determine if you are sick enough to go home with pay. My last reiview was glowing, they couldnt find a thing wrong with my performance. I was was rewarded with .13 cents an hour, for a whopping 9.64 an hour. The benefits are laughable. No one can afford to go to the doctor that is covered by Target. Also they time the cashiers and stress speed, but at the same time force them to sell credit cards to guests. In this economy? Shame !! Target is wasteful. The service desk does not recycle plastic bags, hundreds go into the garbage everyday at my station alone! The photo lab throws its chemicals down the drain. We are a mile away from a salmon fish hatchery. This really really irks me, Target is a big Green washer.

Advice to Management

Stop boasting about the money you give to schools. I'm sure this is a feel good write off, but no one wants this money to go to bureauracies that cant manage the money they all ready have. Instead invest this money in your people, with better benefits and salaries, we will support the schools ourselves as living wages build communities with strong schools, not donations. Core Values, state you want Target to be the best place to work for employees. Consider the benefits/work life balance of places like Microsoft. and then rethink that statement, because it is embarrassing for you. Decentralize corporate you are to far removed from what really goes on on daily basis. Kick them out of MN and make them work in the stores or next door in every state. OMG upgrade your cashier terminals. Equip your teams... we run around looking for PDA half of the day!! Consider work experience and life experience as compensating factors for your mid level positions. I have run my own companies, and managed at midllevel before my partial retirement. College degree for LOD ? really? Half the time I am mothering these people through the day, and telling them what to do- for much less pay.

Target2008-12-14