Target Dayton Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2020

3.2
Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell

"Cashier and Guest Services Represenitive"

5.0
    Current Employee - Cashier &Amp; Guest Service Team Member in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

-My managers treated me like I matter & appreciate everything I do -My managers see my potential and I have moved up in the 5 months I have worked there to do more things like working at IGS and being able to do other things, regular cashiers can't do, such as online orders, price match, returns & exchanges, helping customers with registries, photo lab and taking care of defects -My co workers were all so nice. I got along with every single one of them and they are all like a big happy Ohio family! -My 10% discount, plus cartwheel, manufacture coupons and red card stacking helped me with saving more money! -VERY VERY FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES!!!!! (I am in college and they have been wonderful with providing me with excellent hours around my classes, study time, and I even have time to spare to spend with my family and friends! I get on average about 25-30 hours a week. You can change your availability after the first 90 days to be able adapt to a new schedule if you are in school like me! -BREAKS!!!! If you work less than 6 hours, you get a 15 minute break (PAID) If you work 6 hours or more you get one 30 minute meal (unpaid) and one 15 minute break (PAID) If you work more than 7 hours you get one 30 minute meal (unpaid) and two 15 minute breaks (BOTH PAID!)

Cons

-All the different numbers and goals we try to make. Like redcards, surveys and cartwheel uses. I have had a lot of people complain about this but it isn't too bad. If you don't get a redcard, its not the end of the world. They just expect you to try to get one!

Target2016-03-30
  2. "It's not so bad, but management is mostly not adaptable, unresponsive and they don't take responsibility for actions."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, easy entry-level job

Cons

Poor management that doesn't take responsibility for their actions very well.

Target2020-04-12
  3. "Good place to work overall"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Dayton, OH

I worked at Target full-time

Pros

Discount was a great for team members

Cons

Work/Life balance was not stressed for management

Target2020-03-03
  4. "Good for part time"

4.0
    Current Employee - Target Team Member in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

hourly pay is good for the work

Cons

getting enough hours is difficult...the pay more an hour now then cut everyones hours

Target2019-09-11
  5. "Good place to learn career development, but don't stay"

Former Employee - Senior Team Lead in Dayton, OH

I worked at Target full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

you will develop world-class interviewing skills; dynamic and energetic environment; potential to relocate almost anywhere

Cons

you have to play politics; some leaders are ineffective; very behind the trends in tech and innovation; terrible pay for your effort

Target2019-03-26
  6. "It’s ok to get upset"

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers seem to really care about each other

Cons

Management sucks they say one thing but due totally opposite. If you tell someone in HR something it immediately spread to other employees