Target Reviews in Dearborn, MI | Glassdoor

1.5
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance" (in 1608 reviews)

• "Hours were inconsistent for most team members" (in 1704 reviews)

1. "Target is a very exciting place to work."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really teach you the basics of retail.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

none

"The great purge"

Current Employee - Target Protection Specialist in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Target Protection Specialist in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a great team leader who is a great friend and who is extremely fair with the schedule and who asks us for our time off requests ahead of time when writing the schedule.

Cons

I have worked there for nearly 7 years and only make $10.00 an hour, this is common place in AP as only the management makes anything you can really live off of. I used to really enjoy this job but then the company started taking a turn for the worst before the fourth quarter last year right before the data breach. Now the company will literally give the guest anything they want, including free merchandise and large markdowns. The work life balance is non existent and management is always looking for a reason to fire you even if you do your job to the letter. Most of the management is very standoffish with the team and treat them like garbage. They make a habit of gossiping about the team when they are told things in confidence and are expected to keep it to themselves, making the team look and feel terrible. Overall, this company needs to wake up and realize that they are going in the wrong direction and are being fiscally irresponsible. The AP team is also always on the bottom rung and are constantly made to do things that are completely outside of their area including pushing carts, taking down ad, and zoning the sales floor. This is the only company that I have ever heard of that does this to someone who is supposed to prevent shoplifting in a store. Also, if you are "not on board" with giving everything away they will make your life a living hell and block transfers and promotions at any chance they get.

Advice to Management

Respect your team, especially your AP team, you will miss them when they are gone and your stores are not protected from criminals. Please change your attitudes and get a grip, giving away your store is not helping you make sales and is only hurting your bottom line. Also, remember that your team members are your most valuable asset and you need to treat them as such and remember that they have lives outside of work. The gossip amongst management needs to stop and if it doesn't then you need to fire some people, this is unprofessional and embarrassing.

Showing 2 of 30,211 reviews