I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)
This entire review will come from the location that I currently work at:
- Great team environment
- Friendly co-workers
- The leadership is usually very understanding of one's circumstance
- Fast work environment never any dull moments
- Target tends to promote from within, have a great attitude and you can work your way up!
- If you want to, you have the ability to maintain a social life
- Make acquaintance, relationships in Target gives you somewhat of a social life
- There are times where there is no flexibility in scheduling
- Sometimes getting scheduled when you've requested off, LOA, or on vacation
- This is recent but not calling a team member to check on why they are not in the store yet, but it is understandable because it is your responsibility. This isn't high school.
- Hours are a bit wonky and benefits are non-existent for the most part if you're not in a leadership role
- Depending on hours you may not have a social life
- Some policies are frustrating to deal with
- Some guests (customers) can be pains in the rear
good people-- workers were nice and friendly, we all bonded at a good level and learned to work side by side with each other.
It was hard to work when managers were hovering over the workers. It would have been nice to work by myself.
Advice to Management
please be kind to new workers.
Benefits are good, plus discount to Target stores and other companies. If you have a good STL, the experience at Target can be great.
ETL are expected to work 50 hours a week. Plus its retail so you are expected to work every other weekend, and close one weeknight a week.
Advice to Management
The experience at Target all depends on who your manger is; Target would need to be more consistent with this. Target promotes a work life balance, but that is hard to achieve working 50 hours. Everything is very corporate at Target; there is a divide between the team members and the exec staff.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?