Target Executive Team Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Executive Team Leader"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Quick Learning
    - Fun Peers
    - Constantly evolving landscape
    - Pays well for new graduates

Cons

- Working weekends is a change that was hard to adapt to
    - Retail is an industry where everyone thinks you are a minimum wage slave, even if you aren't
    - Sometimes unreachable goals set by Corporate

Advice to Management

I love to work here and so I can give a lot of props to my peers and bosses for that. I walk in to work with a smile on my face (except LOD shifts) and am ready to do whatever it takes for me to be successful. I think that for the level of stress that is put on store level management, there should be bit more on the benefits side. I sometimes feel overlooked when it comes to being recognized by senior management, especially when I do something above and beyond.

2. "Right for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Salesfloor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Salesfloor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, benefits, working with great peers.

Cons

Work life balance is lacking. Be ready to receive/answer text and e-mails when you aren't in the office. You will be working every other weekend.

Advice to Management

None. The organization is lead top down. Information doesn't flow up the chain.

3. "Tremendous exposure to various lines of business and a large scope role- even for new managers. Zero work-life balance."

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is passionate about developing leaders and there are ample opportunities to grow and promote. Target pays well, increases and promotional raises come with a big jump.

Cons

There is little to no work-life balance, and the job requires you to be “on” 24/7. ETL schedule is demanding and fluctuates constantly- expect at minimum 10 hour days and often 6-7 days a week. Expect one shift a week to start as early as 6am, another to last until at least 12a, one weekend day, and he other 2 vary.

Advice to Management

Staff executive management adequately enough to provide balance for dedicated employees. Getting paid a salary amortized over the 60+ hours one dedicated to the job is insulting, and ultimately burns people out.

4. "I had a great time learning and growing through the bumps and bruises! Definitely a great experience"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-pay was good
    -work life balance was there (our team and STL were always communicating, so we all had our fair share of time away)
    -loved my team

Cons

-retail hours — enough said
    -politics throughout the company, but it’s inevitable

Advice to Management

I loved the experience in management and the opportunities it presented for me to grow as an individual. Working with people is always a challenge, but this role helped me learn how to become a better listener, leader and executor. Customers weren’t always the greatest and some team members could have contributed a little more, but all in all — the company invests in its people and the resources are provided for good success.

Thank you for training and recruiting my STL. I would put her name, but I don’t want to share that. She was amazing and she taught me a lot about myself and life. When we parted ways, she was very professional and still cared. She helped me become a better leader and pointed out many things I needed to improve on to be the best leader I could be. She’s an amazing asset and if all of your STL’s were like her, your company would never fail.

My STL was amazing and I loved working for her. She didn’t sit behind a desk and collect a check; she actually did all the things she demanded of us: cleanliness, brand execution and hard work. She was amazing and anyone who has the opportunity to work for her will be the better for it. She cares for her team and tries to be as fair as possible.

Thank you for the opportunity to live the red and khaki life for as long I did. I appreciate and love the management team I worked with and for. God bless you and your careers at Target. I wish you all the best!

5. "Poor hiring strategy for ETLs"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader- GE in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader- GE in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good pay and benefits
    - Good experience if you want to go into retail

Cons

- Disorganized training
    - Unsupportive team members and team leaders
    - Essentially once your team leader decides they don't like you, you might as well quit

Advice to Management

Don't hire people without retail experience and get upset at the learning curve for a retail job.

6. "Great employer. Challenging and rewarding, great opportunities for advancement but at times poor work life balance."

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The team focused culture. Great on the job training and real world skill building especially in a store management role. Advancement opportunities are plentiful if you put in the time and sweat equity.

Cons

Schedule is a challenge. High pressure environment. Guest relations can be difficult at certain stores, in certain positions. Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Very much enjoyed this job and working for Target. It is a company I believe in still after over 6 and a half years working in stores and will remain loyal even after I have moved on. Great culture. I believe the company is headed in the right direction. If the job’s hours were a bit better (non rotating weekend) it would be just about perfect!

"Enjoy the job, but the pay doesn’t match what is expected of you."

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Salesfloor/GE in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Salesfloor/GE in Naperville, IL

Pros

Benefits are decent. The people that you work with are great and talented individuals. Community involvement.

Cons

Pay scale for upper management doesn’t increase very quickly, but team members are getting hefty raises each year.
    Expectations aren’t realistic. You’ll find yourself working 60+ hours a week to meet what they want from you. Work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Raising expectations is almost always a good thing, but be willing to give stores more payroll to meet those expectations. Otherwise, you’ll burn everyone out.

8. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun and friendly environment. Good Pay

Cons

Too many hours worked in holiday

9. "Retail Life"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to grow. School friendly.

Cons

Work life balance is an issue.

10. "Executive Team Lead - Asset Protection"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, work environment, discount program, ability to travel.

Cons

Can not think of any at this time.