Target Reviews in Exton, PA | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Casheir"

Current Employee - Cashier in Exton, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Target is great, we have a great environment where our guest can come in and simply go around and find whatever they need and we are always there for them if they need assistance.

Cons

The hours they give us aren't the best, and the pay wage is something I could live off of. Our bosses tend to exceed more then what we can do and except it to be perfect. We all have to meet our discount card quota by the end of the week, but there is only so much we can do to have our guest sign up.

Advice to Management

There is really no room to move up no matter how diligently you work, you just have to learn different areas and hope that you get a raise.

2. "Once great, now mismanaged"

Current Employee - Cart Attendant in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Cart Attendant in Exton, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is always fun to work with, and I can almost always look forward to enjoying my day at work.

Cons

upper management seems to be largely clueless, having undermined the work of our former STL. The store is in shambles compared to its former self.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. You want the team to stay on task and complete their jobs effectively, and I'd say we all expect the same from you so give it a shot sometime (Cassie, I don't mean you. you keep doing what you're doing!)

3. "Maybe Retail Just Wasn't For Me"

Former Employee - Cashier in Exton, PA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The designated 15 and 30 minute breaks were kind of nice. Customers were alright.

Cons

Being a cashier was awful. I only worked there for less than a month and had to basically figure out how to do everything myself, I was never trained by anyone. The shifts were long and boring. Management seemed friendly when I got hired but soon afterward became cold and unapproachable. Pretty much made me feel like I was bothering them any time I had a question. Everyone I worked with seemed miserable.

Advice to Management

Actually take the time to TRAIN your new hires.

4. "Expect more but you get much less"

Current Employee - Cashier in Exton, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ok work environment, co workers are ok. Depending on your management it can be a good place to work.

Cons

management is lacking at times, hours for departments suck. they expect so much from team members but they may have only a few scheduled and if back up for register is needed they expect the floor members to do it and want a perfect zone done. Id only would suggest this job to a person who could really use a job and even than id say don't expect to get any promotion unless they have a bias in your favor!

Advice to Management

have some respect for your Team members, stop playing favorites and give everyone an equal chance for promotion. oh sorry that is expecting way too much from your guys!

5. "Great work environment if with the right people"

Current Employee - Starbucks Team Member in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Starbucks Team Member in Exton, PA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. I love my coworkers, and team lead. The GSTL/GSA are always willing to help. You also get perks while on the job.

Cons

Overworked. I am one of four baristas after everyone went back to school so I am "part time" but pulling overtime almost every week since we lost over half our staff to college. If you do not like to step it up and take on a challenge then do not work here. Honestly I do not make enough per hour for all the stuff I do.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Exton, PA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hire, train, mentor and maintain continual evaluation of employees through coaching and follow up. Conducted situational interviews of potential hires of which 75% personally approved were brought on to the team. Supervise multiple departments concurrently with assisting other areas. Leverage each employees' strengths while choosing the correct role for them to fulfill.

Cons

Compensation is always an opportunity

7. "Great place to work, but only if you have a good team"

Former Employee - Flow, Backroom, Receiver, Instock in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Flow, Backroom, Receiver, Instock in Exton, PA

Pros

Teamwork. If you have a good team leader who isn't afraid to get dirty with you and work hard than you can have a great time.

Cons

Pay is low for all the work you may end up doing. Vey hard to get any kind of raise

Advice to Management

Take notice of team members who actually work hard and give them a raise. Its not fair to have the ability to do 4 different jobs at a Target store and still get paid 8.66

"Tried to care, was not worth my time."

Former Employee - Electronics Team Member in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Electronics Team Member in Exton, PA

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fellow employees were great to be with. They were always friendly and were willing to help with whatever you needed.

Cons

Management was not very effective in leading a team that supported them. They ruled with strict guidelines and across the board rules. I tried to bring new ideas and different perspectives that other people could not bring to the table. My ideas were immediately shot down and ignored without any consideration. They ruled harshly because they could and did not care about the business beyond just controlling the other slacker employees.

Advice to Management

Take employees ideas and actually see if they would be beneficial not do not try to rule with an iron fist just because you can.

9. "Low pay and inconvenient hours."

Current Employee - LOGISTICS FLOW TEAM MEMBER in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - LOGISTICS FLOW TEAM MEMBER in Exton, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need a job it pays.

Cons

Low pay to start. Shifts change on management's whims.

10. "Fine temporary job for high school student."

Former Employee - Cashier in Exton, PA

I worked at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Made some money as a teenager. Enjoyed working with my coworkers and talking to friendly customers. Gained communication skills

Cons

Too much standing. I have lifetime back pain because of it. Too many stupid rules (I couldn't have water at my register). Lots of rude customers who treat you with disrespect. (Yell at you for prices, ignorance) You need a lot of patience in this job.

Showing 12 of 25,217 reviews