Target Reviews in Farmington Hills, MI | Glassdoor

2.0
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Good for a temporary job"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The 10% off comes in handy, and coworkers are pretty good people. None of the tasks are difficult.

Cons

Even though none of the tasks are difficult, most managers expect you to get a certain amount done within a certain time frame then they'll continue to add tasks they want you to complete before your shift is over. Most of the time the amount of work they want you to complete is unreasonable considering the time period you have.

I'm not sure why, but theyre consistently understaffed. You might find yourself helping a coworker in an area you're unfamiliar in because that coworker is busy with another customer. This wouldnt be a bad thing if these times would be accounted for when it comes to other tasks you need to complete.

Advice to Management

Be reasonable about the number of tasks you give worker.
    If possible, find a way to schedule more people trained in area's that are the busiest.

"Terrible experience. Worst job I've ever had."

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a good learning experence. A good place to work but the management was terrible.

Cons

The management was terrible at the store I worked.

"GOOD company to work for...."

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, co-workers, location, discount, SOME benefits

Cons

No option for a PPO or HMO, lllloooonnnngggf hours for exempt employees, incompetent management at some levels

Advice to Management

There should be better training for ETL's. I visit some stores and wonder who the hell are these people in charge. They can't even answer simple question. The employee screening process needs to be more stringent. A college degree does not equate to being an excellent manager.

4. "Character building experience, enjoyable but unorganized."

Former Employee - Barista in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Barista in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Work with great people
    -Great training
    -Fun environment
    -decent pay with benefits and special rewards
    -volunteer opportunities
    -HR treats their employees wonderful, also their when needed

Cons

-Management does not spend enough time with their employees

Advice to Management

Take more time to spend helping your employees and understanding their needs. They have good ideas alot of time to help make everyone work place better.

"Fast, Fun and what?"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked salesfloor it's one of the better non managment jobs in store. You're not dealing with elements, like the cart attendents or trapped at cash register. If you're having a bad day you kind of avoid people and overall the job isn't challenging. The best thing about Target is the people, my coworkers were what kept me sane.

Cons

The biggest con was the desire of management to endlessly trying to squeeze more and more work of employees while giving them less time to do it and with fewer people. Then when the store gets bad score,the blame falls on management for have a skelton staff, but on team members. I saw my starting time was slowly pushed back while being expected to do the same amount of work. Another issue was the consistantly inconsistant hours, one week they schedule you five days, the next week you get one. There was almost no chance to move up on the inside, they'd bring new college grads over much knowledgeable experience employees. If you're not looking stay long term the job bearable, but I won't advise anyone starting off a team member to stay very long.

Showing 5 of 25,757 reviews