Target Reviews in Fayetteville, AR | Glassdoor

3.2
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance" (in 1612 reviews)

• "Hours were inconsistent for most team members" (in 1706 reviews)

1. "Back Room Associate"

Current Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, Great management, Fast paced work, and good team skills. Good work-life balance.

Cons

There are no problems that I know of currently.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Busy, busy, busy"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my time there they were great about scheduling me according to my availability and requested (non-paid) days off as long as they were submitted early enough. The pay is also on the higher end of what you'll find in retail and part-time jobs so that's what kept me going throughout my seasonal position.

Cons

Even when you've zoned an area thoroughly, it's never good enough and it. never. ends. Every time I was working on something (pickups, hanging/folding clothes, reshop, etc.) a supervisor or manager would come up and tell me to go over the whole zone again even when I had so many other things to attend too. Hard work was never recognized and they really ride your butt about getting EVERYTHING done perfectly in a timely manner when over and over even with a whole team of people working it was NEVER enough time/manpower.

Advice to Management

The store could be run more efficiently and productively if half the staff weren't being let go every few months and hiring/training new people in their stead (repeat, repeat, repeat). I would have wanted to work there longer if hard work was at least acknowledged and the turnover rate wasn't as ridiculous as it is. It's a pain to have to explain to newcomers every few weeks how to do the job when the people we had before could've just stayed. Try changing that and you'll have a happier and motivated work force, unlike it was during my time there.

3. "Softlines Team Member"

Former Employee - Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member in Rogers, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member in Rogers, AR

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to talk to other team members and the bosses are never around. Lenient about when you take breaks. Great for a first time job with opportunity to move up. Management roles start at $13 and hour.

Cons

A lot of drama. Some of the bosses are horrible since they never worked at the ground level (cashier and sales floor). Big work load and paid too little. Rude guests everyday.

Advice to Management

Managers think they know more about the duties of sales floor/backroom when they have never even worked those positions before. A college degree doesn't make you qualified.

4. "Eh.."

Former Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good salary for the work

Cons

pretty bad management at store level

Advice to Management

care more

5. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes they would give out free Starbucks samples to the employees. Other than that it was a really awful experience.

Cons

Very poor at scheduling. If the weather is bad you still have to come in no matter what. People call in often so you end up having to pick up a lot of other people's slack.

Advice to Management

Very poor. They will over work you and they will also put you doing jobs that aren't yours. I was a chashier and I would get stuck having to work at the Pizza Hut inside Target or the Starbucks.

6. "Loved it until my team turned sour"

Former Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Pay starts out $10 per hour. Hours go by fast because you're always busy.

Cons

Team leads are rude. They harass you about red cards. You WILL get laid off/fired if you're pregnant. I started working cashier when my stomach wasn't showing and whenever I got bigger, I was immediately laid off with no reason as to why. After a few days, they posted a hiring now ad to take my position.

Advice to Management

Hire better human resource directors and team leads. Completely rude and inconsiderate people.

7. "Pick a different retailor"

Former Employee - Customer Relations in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Relations in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, hours always available for reliable workers

Cons

grossly inadequate training, lack of leadership and supervision, paychecks unreliable, corporate difficult to contact and mandatory for almost all operations, hard workers must pick up the slack of others or stay late, no raises, The environment encourages laziness. If one employee doesn't do chores, they are all given to another.

Advice to Management

Instead of rewarding harder workers with just more hours, there should be a financial incentive. Raises must be regular and competitive. Watch out for slacker employees taking advantage.

"Unethical, terrible upper management, no accountability"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyday is a challenge. The environment is ever changing with the business so you never get in the stale doing the same thing every day mode. Opportunity to move from various departments if you are a team member. Always busy and a lot to do. The backroom was the best place to be.

Cons

Workloads placed on employees are unreasonable and excessive. HR does not address complaints and is not impartial. Serious issues such as sexual misconduct/ harassment, inappropriate conduct, & retaliation are swept "under the rug" and allowed to continue unchecked. The parties involved are not held accountable in fact they are rewarded for their "bad behavior". Upper management (Senior team leads/ETL's/HR/STL) has no regard for the care or treatment of its employees or appreciation for the hard work they do. Raises are not based on a pay for performance culture as stated. It is based on a random selection process to meet payroll. Basically if you are buddies or "in the click" with someone you get better pay and treatment than another person. There is no integrity or moral code of ethics with upper management. They will lie to your face to benefit/protect themselves and have no problems throwing people "under the bus". You will only get Christmas as a paid off holiday as Thanksgiving is pretty much gone due to Black Friday demands. The company is downsizing and there is no more opportunities for advancement after team lead if you can even get to that point. If you don't have a degree you will be told " It doesn't matter how hard you work. You can be the best employee in the world.If you don't have a degree you will never promote up. It doesn't matter if its in underwater basket weaving as long as yo have one". I do not advise anyone working here, and I've never said that about a company. I am ashamed at the way the STL/HR/ETL's/Senior TL's conduct business. I do not know how they sleep at night and have a clear conscience.This has to be the number one worst environment I have ever worked in. At one time it was a good nice place to work but not any more. DO NOT- DO NOT work at this store.

Advice to Management

Integrity - look it up!. Have morals and ethics. Do what is right even if its not the popular idea. Don't lie to people's faces to protect yourselves, admit when you've made a mistake/done something wrong and correct it. Value your employees and be concerned for their well being because they are the foundation of your company. They work hard to get things done on a day to day basis. Show appreciation and give a "thank you" for what they do. Protect the employee from a hostile work environment and hold accountable those that are doing inappropriate/wrong things.

9. "Flow team member"

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management, and great benefits.

Cons

Inefficient management, and terrible hours

"One of the worst companies I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Rogers, AR
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Rogers, AR

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Pharmacy technician hours are not based on need, a lot of busy work that is unnecessary and makes a difficult job even more difficult

Advice to Management

Base pharmacy technician hours on actual help needed in the pharmacy versus how many prescriptions were filled in the previous week.

Showing 12 of 30,242 reviews