Target Reviews in Georgia | Glassdoor

3.1
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Not enough home/work life balance" (in 1637 reviews)

• "The pay is fair until you have to carry the load of other work-shy team members" (in 1737 reviews)

1. "Positive"

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loves job and support gives

Cons

Hates the level of supervision

Advice to Management

Do more!!!!

2. "Average Workplace"

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent starting pay, good hours

Cons

During certain seasons the hours can be long, little room to grow

"Great workplace with competitive benefits and wages."

Current Employee - Salesfloor Team Member in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Salesfloor Team Member in Athens, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Corporate environment promotes positive management strategies and fair treatment of workers
    - Company continuously seeks to keep wages competitive by raising the minimum almost every year throughout the duration of my employment
    - Both stores I worked at had managers and coworkers that were friendly and respectful, and bad workplace behavior was never tolerated
    - Benefits such as 401k match were a big plus for me, and during my time they reduced the age at which this starts to 18, promoting good savings habits early on in life
    - Flexible with schedules, life-changes
    - Easy to switch stores to another location

Cons

- Little incentive to work harder than team members, can be great if lazy, bad if you wish to display your value and worth in the workplace
    - Constantly increasing wages = closing wage gap and compensation differentials between positions of authority and entry level positions, erases previous raises
    - Constantly changing management strategies, must be willing to adapt and change work methods within an unchanging workplace
    - In the context of the stores I've worked at: experience, work ethic, and variety of positions held influence career opportunities little to not at all. Management did a poor job of identifying and rewarding stars in the workplace, and I am excluding myself in saying these things.

Advice to Management

Understand the value of your employees, many have valuable experience on the sales floor that simply isn't seen from a management position. Gather tips and information from workers on the floor so that a more efficient team can be created.

4. "Target Softlines"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depends on department, nice people

Cons

Overworked for not enough pay

Advice to Management

Schedule members adequately

5. "Overall Doable"

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Brunswick, GA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable wage, emphasis on diversity

Cons

Extremely stressful. Corporate expectations often seem to dehumanize employees.

Advice to Management

Seriously consider the complaints of employees. Sometimes things have to change.

6. "Your experience can vary widely based on your immediate supervisors"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is so much turnover and quite a few people that are just going through the motions, so when you are a self-starter and responsible, you can really make a name for yourself in your store.

Cons

If you get the wrong supervisor you can have a really negative experience. Not easy to rise out of a specific store in my experience.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time training how to "lead" rather than just having everyone babysit team members. It would go a long way toward motivating.

7. "Run for your life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evans, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evans, GA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, co- workers are great depending on which department you work in.

Cons

Management. No hours. Sometimes would schedule you during school hours even if you were currently in school.

8. "Better than my Walmart experience"

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve always loved the Target I grew up going to. I know where a lot of the basics are to tell customers where to go. It’s more relaxed in dress code, I will however sometimes dress to impress but right now I love that we have the choice of khakis or jeans. It’s a good job for me because I didn’t go to college really and also have a disability so they are aware of my seizures.

Cons

I’ve ony been a cashier/ Self Check Out. I’m surprised as I’m about to come to my 3rd year with Target, my bosses won’t let me work in other parts of the store. I would love to Apparel or General Merchandise but they only want me up front. It’s been very unfair to me as we get seasonal cashiers and then they are at guest service or a different department in the next month. We also came across the no water allowed at work. My schedule is never stable. And for the very first time they denied my request off for only one week of vacation.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the water policy.
    Give people more chances to gain job experiences.
    Just because I have a disability, doesn’t mean I’m not qualified to do other things.

9. "New college grads—AVOID!!!"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big name to work for and put on a resume.

Cons

You will work 10 hours a day MINIMUM and you’ll be off two days a week but they normally aren’t consecutive. It’ll be like Wednesday and Saturday. Only off every other weekend. You’ll get paid so little when you do the math you might as well be a TL work half the hours and have less than half the stress. This company will sell you a bill of promises on day one while they get you fresh out of college or in an internship and you know nothing but then when you get into it it’s just a terrible job. Like really think about it—you’re a glorified team member. Is that really what you went to college for?? You studied that hard to do what again?
    You can ask anyone in management how long they’ve been with the company. And you think “wow must be great you’ve been here 35, or 19, or 12 years!” No!! You should really be asking yourself WHY have they been here for 12+ years and they’re in the SAME position as you, fresh out of college. That’s not a good sign.
    Their benefits suck also. There’s no company perks. No company phone although you’re constantly on call. You can never call in, you’ll be shamed for it. I had a 103 temperature and I never heard the end of it. Everyone in management made fun of me for weeks for calling in. You can’t take a break you’re lucky if you even eat something. They say “You’re salary now. You don’t get breaks” You’re under constant pressure from corporate. It’s not a good job. Unless you just LLOOOVVVEEE retail work life then I would suggest running for the hills.

Advice to Management

Be honest with these fresh out of college workers. Don’t take advantage of us. You’re a huge corporation you can and should do better. There should be more communication and more transparency.

10. ""The pay is good""

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Midway, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Midway, GA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Competitive pricing
    -You won't need a gym membership

Cons

-High turnover rate
    -Can get a little depressing during peak

Advice to Management

re-evalute employee expectations across shifts. Theres a bit of a deviation in the expected workload and work quality depending on which OM you have because of which shift you have.

Showing 587 of 31,361 reviews