Target Reviews in Greenbelt, MD | Glassdoor

2.1
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1417 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1503 reviews)

1. "Executive Store Management Intern - Human Resources"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Target as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The management internship program is excellent. You are treated like a manager and learn about all aspects of managing a Target store. You get to learn about how to manage a business and all of the different aspects involved. I would highly recommend this summer internship program.

Cons

Working weekends is not ideal. During the summer internship you are only allowed to work 40 hours per week, but if you are hired full time you will work 10+ hour days and only be paid for 40 hours.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexible working hours.

"Flow team member"

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot of different positions. Hours are there if you're a good worker.

Cons

Will have you work "specialty" positions without giving a proper (or any) pay raise. Promises of advancement always seem to be in your ear but always just out of reach. I felt like they were taking advantage of me and kept me around at a lower wage with the bait being a promise of advancement. Advancement never came. Started as a seasonal employee. They liked me so much that they told me they were going to start training me as a team lead. The three months passed and at the end of it they said they had good news... they extended my seasonal position for six more months. I was being trained in multiple departments and performed in many roles and acquired a lot of responsibility but acquired no raise in pay which was promised.

Advice to Management

Reward the staff that you are constantly praising and follow through with your promises.

3. "*Shrugs*"

Former Employee - Fitting Room Attendant in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Fitting Room Attendant in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- A lot of hours are available, because a lot of people aren't trained for the fitting room.
    - Can do most of the work alone.

Cons

- No full time hours are available at the store
    - A lot of work with little appreciation
    - Hard to get breaks because people are reluctant to cover your desk.

Advice to Management

Please act like you appreciate the fitting room attendant. Yes, they are the store operator, but do not treat them like a unwanted step child. if you they ask for you please respond.

4. "Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lunch Break
    Friendly Staff
    Low Script Counts

Cons

Bad workflow makes filling low volume of prescriptions seem like more work.
    Not enough tech hours
    Outdated computer software
    High Turnover

Advice to Management

Improve Computer software and workflow to allow this to get done efficiently

5. "They Pay less and expect more"

Current Employee - Cashier in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

Friend Environment, nice people. Some team members are actually very helpful.

Cons

The major problem I have is low pay.

Advice to Management

increase pay

6. "Blah"

Former Employee - Cashier, Cart Attendant in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Cashier, Cart Attendant in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was money? lol, and there were a few people I enjoyed working with. Other than that, nah.

Cons

Rude customers, hours aren't solid, they treat you like you're expendable but honestly don't know if anyone else is willing to do the same crap.

Advice to Management

CARE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES

"There are lots of improvement areas but it is a good transitional work spot"

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is room to develop your career if you want to be in that type of environment where numbers matter. There are many people that you will meet that will increase your understanding of the retail industry.

Cons

There are always going to be cons to a work environment. The specific store I worked out had many issues that they need to take care of which is why I rate the company at three stars. If the regional or district store changed the system so that individual stores did not have to cut corners to stay in specific compliance ranges the store I am working at wouldn't be so behind in their work load. The stress due to that is seen in management and makes for lower moral as well as less efficient team effort from team members. It is very frustrating to see one person that does half the work of another team member when that other team member still is not working at his or her full potential.

Advice to Management

There should be more inter-work space help where experience team members work to help complete task that have been missed and use supplementary team members to help keep the task on pace when there are situations where guests need help.

"Nice Environment but bad pay"

Current Employee - Cashier in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a family atmosphere. The employees are well trained. There is always free food in the break room. Managers are friendly and helpful. Good job for a first job. Cross training is encouraged. Employees are recognized for accomplishments.

Cons

Not enough pay, not enough hours, management is slow at putting requests ( such a transfer requests) through. You are timed for each transactions. They push the sales of Target red cards. Get reprimanded if you don't sell enough red cards. Coworkers can become complacent.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing cashiers to do everything as fast as possible. It does not always create a great experience for the customer. Customers will feel rushed in the middle of the day when they are forced to go quickly when it is slow in the store.

"Target has a lot to work on."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

Friendly non management co-workers.
    Team buliding

Cons

-pay
    -long hours-working from 4pm to 4am
    -lack of respect by management
    -favoritism

Advice to Management

trust and treat your employees better. they are not stupid. they are not little children.

Showing 9 of 24,746 reviews