Target Reviews in Hackensack, NJ | Glassdoor

Hackensack, NJ

Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance is an opportunity (in 1497 reviews)

• compensation for existing team members being outpaced by newer (in 1590 reviews)

1. "Fun, pleasant experience"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Accommodating to shift hours change. Management was respectful and very helpful if anything came up. Opportunities to meet a diverse group of people. Target heavily emphasizes team and collaborative work.

Cons

Hours can extend past what it should be. No real career path unless you are already in management.

2. "Human Resource Team Member"

Former Employee - Human Resources Team Member in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Human Resources Team Member in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are friendly, and work schedule is flexible if your looking for flexibility. The time is reasonable and you were off on Sundays.

Cons

The management team is not the best to work with, there is too much nepotism. Favoritism is a highly used tool to determine where personnel are promoted and not by the capabilities.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your employees. Manager are not always correct in their handling of most issues that they deal with. Encouraging workers to strive for other positions or help in advancement is practically non-existent if the person if not like or flexible to the will of the management team.

3. "Okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Pros

Employee discount was ok before they started having all the restrictions on when and how you could use it. Benefits and direct deposit were available for even part time employees.

Cons

Team leads were poor at their jobs. Several departments team leads would change every few months. Would promote based on favoritism as opposed to experience.

4. "Target is a fun place to work for but you have to have a fun , fast and friendly attitude"

Current Employee - Instock Team Member in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Instock Team Member in Hackensack, NJ

Pros

I love working for target because it is a fast fun friendly place to work. Target is flexiable when you need to off .

Cons

The only promble I had so for is that two times I have apply for a team leader position, and I have been denied two because they said I didnt have enough courge , which I feel I should be given a chances becasue two we didnt have a team leader for my department and I was the one who was leading the team.

Advice to Management

I think when promotions come up they should look at people who work fom the everyday not outsiders.

Showing 4 of 26,778 reviews