Target Reviews in Huber Heights, OH | Glassdoor

Huber Heights, OH

3.4
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a large focus on work/life balance that is very appreciated (in 895 reviews)

• If the team members can't come up with an answer they are more than willing to seek out the answer via manager or other sources (in 1776 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance is an opportunity (in 1500 reviews)

• compensation for existing team members being outpaced by newer (in 1594 reviews)

1. "Seasonal Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

positive environment. Perks discount on purchases,

Cons

Low Salary. Work on Holidays and weekends.

Advice to Management

The management was oblivious to the cashiers.

2. "Hated it"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huber Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huber Heights, OH

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a sales associate gives you experience for other jobs in the future

Cons

very low employee discount and very unorganized

Advice to Management

treat the employees better

"Decent work environment, Great team"

Current Employee - Team Member Food in Huber Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Team Member Food in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a discount on everything immediately, even if you are only a seasonal team member. The work environment is friendly, safe and well-maintained. Show up, be friendly and energetic and you will be treated with respect, kudos and little perks to keep you motivated.

Cons

Communication, especially to newer team members, tends to flow like mud and there is no such thing as an "ex cused" absence. Arrive late any three days in a "rolling 30-day period" and you will receive a closed-door "discussion" about the matter. It doesn't matter that the week you late three times you were coming in early, staying until closing and covering other TMs shifts, while never missing even one of your own scheduled shifts. I was 40 minutes late on my last day of that work week, even though called in an assured the LOD I would be there by the time the store opened, I arrived just as the opening process was occuring, none of that seemed to matter. On one hand I've got the ETL buying me donuts for coming in on Monday morning after working 16 hours on the weekend only to turn around and be frowned at by my TL for being late three times in a 30-day period. The other two incidents were 9 minutes late on days where I worked past store closing on Saturday and turned around to be late for opening the next morning.

Advice to Management

All over the map! One STL is so aloof he only speaks to his team and the other TLs. The GSTL talks smack about almost everyone else to anyone. And when it comes to leadership...anything goes. In one day I can receive three different answers to the same question and I am basically left to decide for myself.

Showing 3 of 26,837 reviews