Target Reviews in Hurst, TX | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Softlines/Style Associate in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Softlines/Style Associate in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible! They work around my full time job and home life. Great training. Easy tasks. Everything is is laid out for you as far as your daily duties. Excellent upper management. 401k is awesome!

Cons

Can be long hours on your feet but really that’s expected.

2. "No room to grow"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are cool
    Team member discount
    Café
    Starbucks
    Paid on time

Cons

Hours go by so slow, especially when it's not too busy.
    Favoritism
    Mundane tasks
    Emphasis on pushing RED cards
    Hardly no promotions (I have been with the company for a little over 5 years and have not moved up once.)
    Too many managers
    Too much talking on walkies
    Rude guests
    Very clique-ish
    Having to work the entire weekend is a drag

Advice to Management

They really need to do better, especially when it comes to the employees. Give people some weekends off instead of having to request it.

3. "Great place to work in teens/early 20's"

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Hurst, TX

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, flexible schedule, insurance available to PT employees at low cost, company offers a lot of resources to employees of all levels.

Cons

Low pay for PT workers. Holiday season is killer, but that's retail for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

4. "I thought they'd pay more...."

Current Employee - Cashier in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Hurst, TX

Pros

My Hurst, TX Target is a fun place to work. They don't care what people look like, i.e., tattoos, blue hair, piercings, etc., as long as you wear red and khaki. LOL That can be good to because the guests covered in tattoos can feel more at home with the floor person or cashier that looks the same. Same goes for guests of different ages, ethnicity, size... I like and treat everyone the same, though. At this location (it's not the same in all of them) team members can get a Starbucks plain tea or coffee (not the fancy latte and espresso drinks, although they will sweeten and you can add milk) for the refill price of .54 cents. Whoo-hoo!

Cons

I ASSUMED they payed at least $9/hour. My teenage daughter makes more thna me at NRH20 and a retail job at the mall! Heck, In-N-Out Burger pays $10.50/hour! I was glad when they said "you're hired," then they said, "at $7.75/hour." I was like, "Wait....what?" It was fun over the holidays as I applied for seasonal. I'd like to work there longer and pay off some bills; however, I am thinking the effort is worth more than the pay.

Advice to Management

In this particular location, the bathroom is always a mess, if not downright nasty. If I was a guest and went in there (most of the time) I would turn around and go back out. YOUR SHOULD PAY YOUR TEAM MEMBERS MORE!!!

5. "Great First Job"

Current Employee - Cashier/Guest Service Team Member in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier/Guest Service Team Member in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Target is my first job so I have nothing to compare it to, but I was surprised with how much I enjoy working there. My coworkers are nice and the Guest Service Team Leaders are great. I love the open door policy, if I have a question or need help any of the Team Leaders, Executive Team Leaders or Leaders On Duty will do whatever they can. I'm not completely sure about working there long term, but it's a great first job.

Cons

They don't do a very thorough job training you before they throw you out there.

Advice to Management

Stay fast, fun and friendly. Focus a little more on training.

6. "Overall good company, but some stores are worse than others."

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Hurst, TX

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company takes good care of their employees. I've worked in some places that would rather violate labor laws than give you a 30 minutes lunch, and Target is NOT one of them. They're also a very well organized company in general. There's no "Oh, you requested off? Oops, I didn't see the paperwork." nonsense. Semi-yearly raises are based on performance. If you do great work, they'll compensate you accordingly.

Cons

Working retail is always killer. The sales floor at Target can really wear you down. Most people would rather give up a week's worth of pay than work softlines. The pay isn't great, and most employees are either in school or have a second job. But hey, if you're looking to live in luxury, you shouldn't be working in retail to begin with. I've noticed a lot of stores (even ones I haven't worked at) have registers that are broken down in some way or another. Obviously, this becomes a big problem during busy seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep the registers in working condition, and make sure there are plenty of them open! It wouldn't kill you to allot more hours for the front end.

"Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hurst, TX

Pros

They are good about giving you time off when you request it. Other than that i did not enjoy working at target at all.

Cons

The managers are not fair nor reasonable.

Advice to Management

Be fair!

Showing 7 of 28,600 reviews