Target Inventory Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian Cornell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Not a bad experience"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Valencia, CA

Pros

I worked at Target for a while as a inventory specialist/cart attendant. It wasn't a bad experience especially for a seasonal position. Hours were flexible, leadership was courteous, and I was offered a permanent position after I was to complete my college courses.

Cons

The training was fairly simple, although I don't really have anything bad to say because I didn't work there too long. I only worked for about a month and needed position in order to have a little money in my pocket in time in-between college.

Advice to Management

Management was great, keep doing exactly what you've been doing.

"Hard work with little respect all around"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Pico Rivera, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Pico Rivera, CA

Pros

- Experience in a retail setting
    - The people you work with are usually hard working

Cons

- When working for a big box company like Target (and they are) you are easily replaced so...
       - Don't get sick, and I don't mean just a flu, I mean don't get hospitalized, you WILL be let go.
       - Don't stick around with them for too long, they will let you go as you move up in order to hir some one new who will do your job for cheaper pay.
       - Management treats their employees poorly, you are on the bottom of the totem pole and you won't be allowed to forget that.

Advice to Management

have some more care for your emplyees. If companies like Target cared more for there employees and showed better interest their employee rentation might be higher, and turnover less. Be willing to pay them what they are worth.