Target Reviews in Jacksonville, FL | Glassdoor

2.7
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work Life Balance (Weekends & minimum 10 hours daily on your feet)" (in 1622 reviews)

• "The company is going through some changes in the clothing part of the store that were constantly changing without team members being informed quickly" (in 1720 reviews)

1. "Senior team leader"

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are good and the flexibility of schedule is good

Cons

Internal promotions do not happen frequently

2. "Ok Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

Schedule flexibility was pretty nice.

Cons

Management was slightly inexperienced overall.

3. "The team members are great along with the guests who shop there."

Former Employee - Team Member in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good compared to other competitors.

Cons

Management has no empathy or compassion for their team members. The communication is always terrible. They pick who they want to promote rather then develop team members who have experience and knowledge. The company expects the team members to work as a individual rather then as a team. They don't appreciate the people who have been employed for more than 10 years. They would rather employ people who have no need to work and work with attitudes.

Advice to Management

The company needs to do better in hiring store managers with personalities who want to take care of their team members.

"Bad work environment"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount, able to pick up shifts in other departments

Cons

Favoritism, nothing you can do makes them happy they are always negative. Get burnt out easily.

Advice to Management

Be professional to all your employees, not just some

5. "Decent Enough"

Former Employee - Team Member in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money is alright, if management is nice enough they will work with your schedule

Cons

Lack of communication between shifts and departments

"Not that hard of a job"

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the staff was very friendly

Cons

no one tells you how to do things and what's expected every day so you just end up meandering through the aisles 'fronting' things or putting things back, maybe help a customer, maybe hangout in the back doing damages, no on really checks on you

Advice to Management

Give your associate goals (not sales goals, your not paying them commission) if you need an endcap set up by the end of the day then tell them how to get it done, chances are your never too busy to teach an employee how to do their job!

7. "Target Micromanagment Power Trip"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yulee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yulee, FL

I worked at Target full-time

Pros

Pay isn’t bad for retail. Nice employees.

Cons

Lots of micro- management on a power trip . No air condition in break rooms. Expected to do any and everything. No work-life balance. If you go on a break, they are constantly calling you on a walkie to “come and cashier” because the cashiers are always quitting.

Advice to Management

Be honest with interviewees about benefits, People should know that they have to work for 6 months or more before they can get health insurance. Stop chastising employees on the sales floor in front of customers. I was yelled at by Management for not cashiering because I was helping an elderly person finish her shopping. I was NOT a cashier. Not cool, Target!

8. "Logistics and Truck Unload"

Former Employee - LOGISTICS FLOW TEAM MEMBER in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - LOGISTICS FLOW TEAM MEMBER in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People were very good to work for, managers listen to there employees and all of management and HR was very sympathetic to there employees. It could be a Florida thing as well, everyone in the state seem to be much nicer people then the north where I am from. They also offer benefits after you are there for a year and wage increases once a year as well.

Cons

Seems like when you are no longer an employee it is hard to get thing taken care of, I moved back to the north and needed my last pay and my W2. They were never sent and I left my address with them.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything, helping me get started and survive on my own in Florida when I went there with nothing.

9. "No focus"

Former Employee - Market Team Member in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Market Team Member in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

Team members friendly. Discount was nice.

Cons

I worked in Market and came from a grocery management background. No team meetings to assure we all knew goals. One of Target's weaknesses has always been lack of stock. My target was no different. There was no focus on maintaining in stock status. Items not priced or priced incorrectly and when I tried to correct as I stocked, I was told not to worry about it. Endcaps remained bare for a day or more. No push for seasonal items in grocery. Items stocked incorrectly and no focus to correct it. All of these things lead to a frustrated customer experience and sales opportunities missed. The zone is a joke. Everyone should be zoning all day as they push mdse.

Advice to Management

Too much to list.

10. "Review is specifically for Target stores"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For people who do not have career goals target stores is a wonderful place to work or for students who need cash while working part time.

Cons

It is not a place for educated people. However, it is not Target's fault that in order to be leaders at Target you have to have a dominating personality or an offensive way to get work done. The corporation have set goals for the stores which in turn makes the employees working in stores suffer. You have to a "retail" person to work in their stores.

Advice to Management

Sustaining a billion dollar business is hard. The pressure of investors and stakeholders is something which may be out of my imagination and i cannot fathom. But somewhere over there in the top there may be executives who have children whom they teach to be a considerate person. All of that comes at a cost of people hard and sweat of people who are working hourly jobs at Target stores who are underpaid, overworked , people who cannot sustain their bills, people who cannot afford dental insurance or even health. As modern business may demand fast-paced deliverables and progress human emotions may come secondary but Target needs to do something about their hourly workers and learn something from Costco.

Showing 68 of 30,560 reviews