Target Marketing Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Target Marketing Analyst Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2016

3.9
Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell
  1. "Decent"

Former Contractor - Marketing Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target for more than a year

Pros

very flexible work hours, ability to work in multiple areas (i.e. you aren't stuck in a cube),

Cons

way too many unnecessary meetings, kind of felt like high-school

Advice to Management

do more hiring outside of Minnesota

Target2016-04-13

"Job satisfaction at corporate HQ highly variable by pyramid and manager."

Marketing Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target

Pros

Working at corporate HQ was an enlightening experience and I learned a lot about the importance of building good working relationships across the company. When I had managers who valued my contributions and treated me with respect it was very enjoyable to work there. With all the business areas comprising Target Corp., there is a lot of opportunity to explore different functional areas and roles.

Cons

Because Target is such a huge company, there is large variation in the quality of management and leadership by pyramid and division. Good managers can be your best advocates while vindictive ones can treat you like there's a bullseye on your forehead. I experienced both the best and worst of leaders in my years at Target. I fear that as long as job seekers continue to perceive Target as a highly desirable place to... work and Target leadership persists in believing that "everyone wants to work for Target," the company will lack much incentive to retain most of its talented employees.

Advice to Management

Where to begin? I would say to value employees, acknowledge their worth, and compensate them fairly rather than "churn 'em and burn 'em."

Target2014-12-23
  3. "Target's a great place to get some experience but don't plan on staying too long!"

Direct Marketing Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target

Pros

A great place to gain experience and valuable skills.

Cons

It's very much a competitive, corporate environment and who you know is huge!

Advice to Management

Get to know your entire team...

Target2008-11-18