Target Reviews in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL | Glassdoor

3.3
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance" (in 1576 reviews)

• "Not a great for more team members further along in their career" (in 1680 reviews)

1. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast, fun, and friendly. They make everything to user friendly..super easy to use the POS and everything in order to help the "guest". They allow you to personalize your uniform...for example they just tell you that you need a red ahirt and khaki bottoms and you make it your own....your name can be whatever on your name tag. They arent strict on hair color I dont think

Cons

Those damn store cards...debit/credit that you must offer every customer even when if you asked them already. Very annoying, Target

Advice to Management

Hop on the register too or help out on the floor....Pay more hrly

2. "Operator"

Current Employee - Team Member in South Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in South Miami, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You reinforce your skills, some of them could be how to become multitask and proactive.

Cons

Management barely heard your concerns as a employer.

Advice to Management

They should take years of experiences or professional education as a matter, many people would like to grow in the company too.

3. "Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job to be at

Cons

Little hours that’s all it is

"front dest"

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Target (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, fun team members

Cons

Managers ask to have something done from staff, another manager comes along and asks "who told you to do that"

Advice to Management

Management needs to be on the same page.

5. "You are just a number"

Former Employee - Logistics in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Logistics in Miami, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401 K.
    10% employee discount.
    Insurance

Cons

You never get 40 hours to work, unless they need you, like in Holidays. They schedule you to work when you said you are unavailable if they need to fill a place. Bad management (they play favoritism), Racism. If you have an accident their first priority is to check if you are under the effect of alcohol or drugs.

Advice to Management

You wouldn't be in management if you don't have people to manage, treat them as humans. People need their job to support their family.

6. "Easy going experience"

Current Employee - Team Member in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Target (More than a year)

Pros

Time available for studies during the week

Cons

Bad management, a lot of scammers doing illegal transactions.

7. "They don’t care about their Employees !!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got paid a decent amount and other employees seemed friendly as well.
    Time goes by fast when theirs plenty of customers.

Cons

EXTREMELY Poor management.
    Extreme lack of training.
    Was 2 minutes late due to a rain storm (of course, I lived in Florida) and they made an assistant manager for my department let me know being 1 or 2 minutes late isn’t tolerated. I had nothing but anxiety working there afterwards.
    I had an accident on my way to work,
    I called and let my work know, the woman I spoke with said she’d let my manager know. Come to find , she never let my manager know, even though I had called several times trying to get ahold of my manager. They marked me as a no show. The next day I finally received a phone call from my manager asking me why I decided not to come to work. I told him what happened and he clearly didn’t buy it. He asked me on my day off where I was , how far I was from target , and how soon I could make it. (I was at school just leaving class!!) I couldn’t believe it.
    I told him I wouldn’t be able to fill in for that day but could the following. He got mad and had a huge attitude with me. He asked if I could do night shift (which I did NOT put down as my availability because I was still in school) but I still did a night shift to prove to my managers I’m hard working.
    Along with me clocking in 2 minutes late (literally) , and an apparent no show, they had an assistant manager bring me into a room to speak with me , who looked extremely uncomfortable, around my age, fire me. The manager himself who hired me gave me no warnings I’d be fired , nothing.
    Extremely cowardly.
    But I should’ve known with his terrible attitude.
    This location has some serious poor management skills.
    They do NOT care about their employees. It’s a disgusting location the target I worked for.

Advice to Management

As a cashier , with plenty of good work skills I had before I worked there , I was treated with a ton of lack of respect. Thought plenty of times of QUITTING. Which I Should’ve!!
    I always felt anxious and uncomfortable.
    To the MANAGERS at this location. We are HUMANS. We aren’t robots. At this rate I can understand why their was so many people quitting! (And fired) I should have informed HR of the lack of respect. Hope this store hires more civil managers.

"A job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hey plenty of work so that you are never really bored. If u have a good group of coworkers it's manageble.

Cons

Terrible leadership blind leading the blind, will cut hours at their whim, sometimes unsafe work environment much much junk not enough space.

9. "Too Many Cuts"

Former Employee - Electronics Team Member in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Electronics Team Member in Davie, FL

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was fortunate to work under two good and friendly managers but not everyone was so lucky. There were 2-3 extremely awful managers in different departments that consistently caused problems for everyone working there. At this place I had experienced both the best manager I've ever had and the worst.

Cons

Understaffed - For the whole time I worked there they consistently made cuts to the point where there was a ridiculously low amount of people working at a time. Even during holidays we had a fraction of the people that we needed and you end up having way too much responsibility put on yourself.

Corporate - Almost all of the direction we would get from corporate would hurt the store. They wanted us to focus on things that really don't improve the guest experience and in fact even hurts it because it makes items a lot harder to find for people. They actually tell employees to put items in the wrong spot. They want their store to look "full" but all it does is cause miscounts and the wrong price always ends up being shown, both of which cause a lot of frustration for shoppers. The other time waster that we get told to do is we constantly have to move items on endcaps around. I understand that sometimes we would have to because that's what brands are paying for, but sometimes I'm literally taking down two endcaps that are right next to each other and swapping them. Depending on how many items are there and how busy the store is, this process can take hours. Most of the time it's just a waste of time and doesn't actually offer the brand any competitive advantage. This all keeps employees in the morning from doing actual work which then ends up all being dumped on the people that work at night.

Inaccurate stock - Item counts in the store were consistently inaccurate. It would constantly say there were 2 or 3 items when there were no items to be found. But that's ok, it's difficult to be accurate because something could always be misplaced by a shopper or even stolen which causes inaccuracy. What's not ok is when there are items that say there are 10+ in the store for months and have never been found. There were items that we supposedly sold there that I had never actually seen, I only saw the spot where they were supposed to go. Also the fact that corporate tells us to put things in incorrect places is another thing that can cause miscounts. Also, if our system said there were a couple of an item in the store, the website will tell people that we have it in stock. That causes people to come in to the store demanding it and get really frustrated when we don't have it.

Advice to Management

If I was to say one thing I would say for corporate to stop giving so much direction on what should be going on in the store when they're never even working in that environment. Take suggestions from the people that actually work in the store, they know what could be changed for the better. Most of the direction that comes from corporate hurts the store and the guest experience. Also, have more people working, at least for the holidays.

"Just a job"

Current Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

Cute baby clothes , cool toys

Cons

Just a job, not a real career,guest are rude,etc.

Showing 291 of 29,372 reviews