Target Reviews in New Bern, NC | Glassdoor

Brian Cornell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance" (in 1597 reviews)

• "Hours were inconsistent for most team members" (in 1690 reviews)

1. "Executive Team Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Pros

Leadership Training, Development, Focus on Customer Service

Cons

Schedule, demands outside of normal leadership activities, tight payroll with high brand expectations.

2. "Target Has High Expectations"

Current Employee - Merchandise Flow Team Member in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Merchandise Flow Team Member in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount
    Friendly Co-workers
    Free food sometimes

Cons

Managers have extremely high expectations
    Been there 3 years and suddenly told I wasn't good enough for them

Advice to Management

Give your workers more hours or lower your expectations. They are WAY too high for any worker.

3. "Team member"

Former Employee - Team Member in New Bern, NC
    Former Employee - Team Member in New Bern, NC

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck and a W2. The only pro I can speak of.

Cons

Run by military wives and drama filled managers. BBB had to be called due to lack of respect and holding paychecks. Absolutely horrendous.

Advice to Management

Find new management.

4. "Puts a very bad taste in retail as a whole."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The uniform looks nice and the 30-minute breaks are kind of nice I guess. Most people working there look kind of fake and dishonest in general.

Cons

Leaders do not lead, create a toxic and political environment to work in. Gossip runs rampant among team leads and executive team lead. Very demotivating and slave drive all of the team members.

"Management is a problem"

Current Employee - Cashier in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with (coworkers) were super friendly and they all seemed to work really hard and get along. There is a board in the employee's backroom that allows you to give a nice comment to your coworkers, and it raises morale. They also give free peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the breakroom every day.

Cons

They were always understaffed and stressed. Never scheduled anyone for enough hours but almost every shift I worked I was asked right when I was about to leave to please stay since I was the only person available. So every shift I left with a feeling of resentment, since I only was able to score about 10 hours scheduled a week and I had full open availability, but I was called on my days off. While at work they were constantly needing back up. There was also one rude girl in a management position that made everyone's life hell with her bad attitude but they refused to fire her. Instead they fired people who complained about her. Well I wouldn't say "fired"...their way of firing me after I complained about my lack of hours was just to completely clear my schedule of all hours so that one day when I went to write down my schedule I realized I did not have a job. Afterwards I realized several of their employees had left to work at Walmart, and they all had the same complaint. Also I did not like their Target Red Card, basically you are supposed to sign people up right away and send them home with the fine print that says they have access to your bank account and info. Mostly all of the red cards I was able to sign up were to elderly people who did not have a clue what it was about, and I did not feel good about that...but because my work performance was based on signing people up for the Target cards, they cut my hours drastically when after a few weeks I could not get more people signed up.

Advice to Management

Give people more hours instead of waiting every day for the store to be in a desperate situation and guilt trip your employees, who have been standing all day with their backs aching, into staying for 5 more hours. And be honest with people instead of just clearing their schedules.

"My overall experience at Target was good. I love to work with people."

Former Employee - Barista/Cashier in New Bern, NC
    Former Employee - Barista/Cashier in New Bern, NC

Pros

If you are outgoing,a people person, and friendly than Target is the place for you to work.

Cons

Dealing with rude and mean guests.

Advice to Management

The leadership at the Target i was at was good.

"Is like my previous job."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in New Bern, NC

Pros

Like to work with good people and had the be get do something new interested to doing i like to do.Bring to the future!!!

Cons

Is people the i feel like i get around with i can trust and possible to frequently grateful the advice. And prepare yourself.

"Target"

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in New Bern, NC
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in New Bern, NC

Pros

It is good motivation to get a degree so you are not stuck in a deadend job. I left there as soon as I had a chance at higher pay. You do work hard, but it is a job that anyone can be taught to do as long as they are moderately intelligent

Cons

If you have no degree or you dont know someone you wont go far. Some employees have been there for years and they could be there for twelve years, and never will get to a salary or even hourly position. They talk like everyone as a chance, to make it, but it's not true

Advice to Management

Target talks about happiness, but they dont promote it.

Showing 8 of 29,912 reviews