Target Reviews in Pensacola, FL | Glassdoor

Target Pensacola Reviews

Updated Oct 26, 2019

3.2
Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell
  1. "Target is one of the BEST places to work..."

in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Target

Pros

I have only been employed with the company for a short time and in that time I have been given more opportunities to grow than at any other place of employment. If you want to succeed you have to want it. It doesn't come on a silver platter. I have an excellent "relationship" with ALL of my superiors, and the respect that is warranted for the amount of hard work that I put into my job...everyday.

Cons

The only negative attribute that I can think of at this time is the pay raise scale. Though in years past the increase in pay was a little more, I feel that this is partly due to the economic struggles that we are currently facing. This does not discourage me, nor does it affect my performance in any task that I take on. Fast, Fun, and Friendly is more than a "catch phrase", it's a way of life here at Target.

Continue reading
    Target2009-06-10

"No chance of promotability, and prepare to be able to pull a magic wand out of your ass!"

Team Leader in Destin, FL

I have been working at Target

Pros

Target does have a very generous benefit package. They offer tuition reimbursement from 2 weeks after you become employed there (if you are a team lead or above), health insurance, legal insurance, the whole nine yards.

Cons

I worked as a team lead at the Destin Target for a year, and while I loved the job that I did, and loved the people that I worked with, (my peers and my team) I was absolutely miserable. When I was hired, I was given absolutely no training whatsoever. Then, over the next year I was criticized constantly for having not completed my training, as though it were my fault no on showed me how to do anything, or certified me on the things I was supposed to be certified on. Add on top of that the fact that a computer makes the schedule, and although someone in upper management is supposed to look over it, they never did and so it was always horribly mangled. They would leave entire departments unstaffed for days at a time, schedule people outside of their availability, approve time off and then schedule people for it anyways, etc etc and then blame the team leads, who were not allowed to touch the schedule, for allowing this to happen. They also showed extreme favoritism to certain departments over others, e.g. hardlines over softlines, but acted as though the underfavored department was just lazy when they could not complete tasks. There was absolutely no communication from upper management to lower managment, but when the lower management did not know things they were blamed for the mistakes that occured. Employee morale was horrendous, everyone was miserable, but when team leads tried to communicate this to upper management, they were told that the only problem was that the team leads were "to negative." Lack of staffing, constant criticism, an unattainable workload, none of that was the problem, just the "negative" attitude of the team leads. I will say, that in my experience, the team leads were not negative, they were working their asses off and trying to keep the team members happy while under extreme stress. They were actually just looking for a little support, answers to their questions, but that was just a negative attitude in the eyes of the executives. Additionally, the upper management frequently told baldfaced lies to the staff beneath them, thinking them to stupid to understand the truth, or figure it out. While the salesfloor worked themselves to death running a stoor the size of walmart on a staff of less than 4 people a shift for both softlines and hardlines, that is 2 opening and 2 closing while doing 120,000 dollars a day, the executive staff frequently locked themselves in their offices with the lights out and the door locked pretending not to be there. The STL, or store manager, worked less than 2 days a week, and then she only showed up to take conference calls or deliver criticism to the staff. I once saw her make a nasty comment about a specialist, not realizing that the specialist was standing behind her. When she realized, she just brushed it off with a laugh. No apology, nothing. Just laughed. On top of all that is the fact that most of the higher management is hired straight out of college with no experience. There is almost no chance for advancement within the company if you start out as team lead, even with a college degree. I watched people with degrees who had worked for the company for 6 plus years, get signed off on as "executives" meaning that they had been told they were ready to promote, only to remain in the same position for 2 or more years before giving up and quitting. I would not recommend to anyone that they take a job at target, for any reason!

Continue reading
    Target2008-09-24

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 32 reviews