Target Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian Cornell

2,081 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1417 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1503 reviews)

1. "Logistics Team Leader"

Former Employee - Logistics Team Member in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Logistics Team Member in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, no max on pay, you can earn up to 6 weeks of vacation over time, flexible schedule

Cons

They treat employees bad, they treat managers really bad, get yelled at and chewed out all the time, they encourage you to clock out and go back to work to accomplish unrealistic expections, work life balance if you are salary, work 80 hours a week. Very stressful and hostile and unprofessional work environment. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Advice to Management

Stop with unrealistic expectations and try to make work fun, I dreaded going to work everyday, put ETL in that has manager experience and not a 21 year immature kid. This is causing favoritism and putting the wrong people in management and making good productive team members and team leaders quit

2. "So You Want to Work @ Target"

Current Employee - Cashier in Grafton, WI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Grafton, WI

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a job that gives a meager income to higher age group.

Cons

Constant harrassment about red cards , when cashier duties clearly state you are Not a sales position. Immature management, both in age and attitude. Target does care to follow law as far as employee rights go. Faviritism rampant. Over a certain age? Expect to be discriminateted against. Constant visits to office for "conversations"

Advice to Management

Hire more seasoned management. Leave employees alone to do their job whenYou don't the job yourslf. Stop sneaking notes on you phones and pda's, we aren't stupid we know you are just spying.career 1 star, yu advance if liked, not if you know & do the the job. Compensaton, other stores give reward for opening credit card account. Work Balance 1 star, leads are given every other week end off because they get stressed..regular employee doesn't get stressed.? Senior management, 1 star, store Bias throuought.Culture &value, 1 star. Would give zero if able. this company goes against all Christian values. A will leave ASAP

3. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Pfresh Team Member in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Pfresh Team Member in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people, holiday work/pay

Cons

lazy coworkers, horrible management on all levels (honestly they don't care for your wellbeing just dignified bullies if you ask me)

Advice to Management

Don't work here if you don't know what you're doing. My store basically hired anyone with a degree. Know your stuff or it will cost you and the store.

4. "soul suckers"

Pros

popcorn smell
    good deals
    employee discount off Starbucks

Cons

everything and everything about it

5. "an awful place to work"

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

my coworkers were very nice

Cons

management needs to learn how to respect others

Advice to Management

I'd tell management to treat people the way they would want to be treated.

6. "Overall good company"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pharmacy manager (where I worked before being bought out by cvs) was exceptional. No matter what happened, she always was the most caring person and always fought for her employees

Cons

there isn't much of a con

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Childdish"

Former Employee - Team Member in Suffolk, VA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Suffolk, VA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay starts at 16.40 you either work 4 days or 3 days 10 or 12 hours shifts only

Cons

seasonal work only but you work full time. Unprofessional, dirty, ghetto your standing on your feet for 11 hours. Can't talk, laugh. It takes about 6 months to become permanent.

Advice to Management

Communicate better to employees and work together more than dictate

8. "Don't Get Hurt as a Minor because Injury Doesn't Count For You"

Former Employee - Cashier in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive I have after one year of working for this company is the pay. I started out at $10.00 and ended at $11.50.

Cons

I worked as a cart attendant during the holiday season and I got hit by a car. My knee was blown out and I was unable to walk. They would not let me file a report since I was a minor (16) and they told me "to get my butt out there and get more carts." I was unable to walk. I showed up the next day on crutches and they were like "what happened?" I told them and the same person who told me I could not file a report a day ago said that I needed to file a report when it happened. Considering the fact that this location is shopped at by the CEO and a lot of members of the Corporate office in Minneapolis, this should not be allowed to happen. I ended up quitting because as a junior in high school (classes were 8:20-3:10), they kept scheduling me 12:00-9:45 during the week and they refused to change it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If they are all saying the same things about the same people, there's something wrong. Instead of firing people for grieving after their mothers were hit and killed by a car, fire the members of the HR team who will scream into the walkie-talkies about employees when they've "done something wrong."

This location I am writing about is the Target Knollwood location in Saint Louis Park, MN off of Highway 169 and Highway 7.

9. "Good if you're in management, and enjoy socializing , and not working."

Current Employee - Hardlines Associate in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Hardlines Associate in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, I really can't think of none.

Cons

No upward mobility, Poor hours unless you cross train in every department.

Advice to Management

Work

10. "Don't waste time find a place that you are happy to go to."

Pros

Extremely unprofessional management and embarrassing remarks about others aloud. 20 word's I have said everything that I have to. I'm not sure what else to say.

Cons

To make it clear it's definitely not a good job and your just a little fish in a tank full of sharks. No amount of money is worth it.

Advice to Management

I'm sorry to say that you are not able to make it a good place to work. Not sure how much experience with this title but as a former business owner I don't think you are trained enough.

Showing 2,081 of 24,745 reviews