Target Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

24,233 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1417 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1503 reviews)

1. "Team Member -Part time"

Pros

Flexible hours
    Understanding Staff
    Team member discount

Cons

Pay
    Some time off not being granted (as a student very frustrating)

Advice to Management

Be open to scheduling more people during busier seasons

2. "Employment"

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

They have really good Benefits

Cons

you have to work Holidays

"Good place to work BUT"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a bad place to work... if you're either in highschool, college, stay at home mom looking for money, post-retirement, post-pregnancy etc. Your availability is usually accepted as long as you can work weekends, if you say you can't work weekends, don't even apply or expect the job lol. Pay is decent if you're looking to make a little money, but if you're looking to make money or big money, Target is not an option.

Some good benefits, lots of local discounts for working at Target as well, management is usually really great to work with, and the atmosphere is good. Not too many customers jump straight to yelling at you, everyone seems to be nice to each other. Target is a great place to work if you are a people person, it's quite expected that you attempt to greet every guest that you see. For the most part, performance expectations are made to your abilities.

My co-workers in other areas perform to expectations and do their jobs. I am a cashier, and most cashiers absolutely love to hate their jobs and make up any reason to NOT do it. But, in my experience with Cart Attending and working the floor, everyone performs and I love it.

At Target you can expect a very diverse culture amongst workers. You will find old and young, inexperienced and experienced, gay or straight, you get my drift. Target does NOT discriminate at all, if it wasn't a law to provide equal opportunity, they still would offer it. Target is a great company to work, they offer some great benefits, local discounts, and a good atmosphere to work for that might make it bearable if you're stuck there for a while.

I'm looking forward to submitting my two weeks purely because I can't make a living here and advancement in my store is not possible for me, I have no future here. Despite all the bad I say about it, it's not all that bad. If you're 16 looking for a job until your 18-19 or trying to get through college, this is the job for you. if you're looking for post-retirement money, this is for you. If you're a stay at home mom who's looking to make some more money to provide, this is for you. If you're looking to make a little money, this is for you in general.

Cons

Low pay, you probably won't see more than $12 an hour, not even the older seniorities in much more important roles. Yearly raises are minimal at best, even for performing workers. No chance for additional raises to fit your situation, you will get turned away immediately. Not even if you've been with the company for years and simply need more money but love the job too much, if you get a raise, it's very minimal. Do not take this job unless you appreciate living paycheck to paycheck.

I had no opportunities to advance at all. I did, I applied, got the new positions, worked it for a good two-three weeks and would get scheduled back in my old position. For the most part, Executive Team Leads are all freshly graduated kiddos with no experience in management at all or no history in Target, you will notice a high case of not hiring internally for management positions.

Redcards, if you are a cashier or electronics TM, will become a word you see in nightmares. Upon interview you're sure to be asked about redcards, if you're able to talk about them, and to sell them, then they double check to make sure you're SURE you can. You won't get fired if you can't sell them... right away, but if you can't you can be sure to get talked to multiple times before eventual termination.

I have absolutely zero idea on how some Target workers can afford to pay bills and a mortgage with this job, their spouses must make a majority of the household income if so, this job is not good for adult things. For two years it's helped pay off my car, insurance, and other little things, but I'm looking forward to buying a house with my girlfriend, providing for her, and making a comfortable living.

Advice to Management

My management honestly is pretty great, if I had to say anything, it's not in their control. Higher pay for higher performance/responsibility, more opportunity, skill recognition, and others would be a plus. My time spent working with my Target management has been nothing but positive.

4. "Ups and downs"

Former Employee - Team Trainer
    Former Employee - Team Trainer

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company has a lot of diversity and if you are willing to stick with it you can go places

Cons

The store and how good it is directly relates to how good your GM and ETLs are

Advice to Management

Do things for your employees, BBQ's Monthly cakes, and learn their names, it makes a difference

5. "Pretty good"

Former Employee - Merchandise Flow Team Member in Springfield, PA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Flow Team Member in Springfield, PA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool management staff and coworkers
    Got Motivated and recognized for hard work
    Pay was great for retail job

Cons

Working overnight wasn't too great
    Limited hours
    Employee Discount policy wasn't too good

6. "Environment is good!"

I worked at Target full-time

Pros

A great chance to have a good team lead, nice co-workers and nice environment. Paid's fine. The managers can offer u a suitable schedule if u ask them.

Cons

huge store often times has non-stop waves of customers, so prepare to work hard

Advice to Management

find some way to motivate ur employees~~

7. "Target review"

Former Employee - Grocery Team Member in Winter Garden, FL
    Former Employee - Grocery Team Member in Winter Garden, FL

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and benefits and friendly employees

Cons

Not really sensitive towards scheduling

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "Good place"

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

ok. Not big deal

Cons

na None not big deal. fine

Advice to Management

Not big deal. Good staff and people

9. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Willing to work with a school schedule.

Cons

Management doesn't communicate well with employees.

10. "Operations Director"

I worked at Target full-time

Pros

Great teams to work with!

Cons

Health benefits, Canada expansion losses

Showing 24,233 of 24,761 reviews