Target Reviews in Riverview, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It was ok"

Former Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Riverview, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team environment is wonderful but they literally force you to make everything all about the team. No individuals aloud.

Cons

Management will not support you if your not in their Clique.

2. "Worse job i ever had in my life."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

I worked at Target (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some cool people.

Cons

To many managers . They stand there and watch you like hawk. And the cash register times you on your speed. I felt like i was in the first grade. No training they just put you behind a register and say go for it. At Christmas REALLY.

Advice to Management

Don't believe every thing the customers tell you. They lie so they can get some thing for free.

3. "You can advance if you are extremely vocal and persistent. Hard work alone isn't enough."

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Riverview, FL

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are flexible.Job kept me busy and I usually worked independently. Getting cross-trained and picking up extra shifts can happen if you are willing and volunteer often.

Cons

Getting more hours can be very difficult depending on what season it is. Management was extremely forgetful, so if you needed anything done (whether you want to be trained in other areas, be promoted, etc) you have to say something every single time you see them. Telling one manager isn't enough, you need to individually tell all of them.

Advice to Management

There really needs to be a system that makes it easier for people to pick up each others shifts. It would also be nice if there was one manager who didn't have to work the sales floor as well, so they could concentrate on mentoring/training. Having to constantly do the work of a regular team member and a manager keeps management distracted, and their performance suffers.

Showing 3 of 25,707 reviews